Bay Bayou Rv Resort.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Wink, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

How can the reviews be so diffrent at this park?That they go from a one to a ten.Makes me wonder if they are talking about the same park. :blink:

2. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

A single "1" review usually means someone just had a bad experience that may or may not have been the parks fault, or it is simply someone who can't be happy with anything. A bunch of "1" reviews means something is wrong with the park.

In that park's case, it looks like one camper had an issue with bugs which colored his experience, and then unfortunately had problems with stealing. Considering most of the rest of the reviews are substantially higher, I would go with the higher reviews.

3. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Wink @ Nov 19 2011, 07:36 AM) [snapback]28217[/snapback]

How can the reviews be so diffrent at this park?That they go from a one to a ten.Makes me wonder if they are talking about the same park. :blink:

I went to all the older reviews for that campground and there is more than the one review.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

This park sets in the middle of a marsh or small bog. You will have bugs, lots of bugs. The heat is high and add in high humidity to the mix. Now add in all the other items you read about and that could be part of the problem.

5. FranznHilga

FranznHilga
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at this park in July of 2011. It of course was summer: very hot and humid. The ground moved with all kinds of critters. We were parked in the rommier spots by the bayou so that probsbly contributed to the bug situation. Once we left there though we had roaches for a few weeks, and we have never had that trouble before. We did get rid of them! Accessing the park is best from the north as many low trees will wreck the top of a larger RV.

You have to realize that each RVer is looking for something different in an RV park. We all want different ammenities, levels of service, social or unsocial, etc. And it depends on the time of year you visit the park. We stayed on a special rate so it was okay for us. Would we go back? Probably not. There are nicer places to stay in Florida! I am not a big fan of the Tampa area any way. All the parks are older and mostly riddled with ancient park models, and filled with rude french canadians in the winter.

That's the opinion of a full timer who travels around alot, and it is my opinion, so be that as it may, I hope it helps!