Site Enhancement - Park Open Dates

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Salt & Pepper Adventures, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Salt & Pepper Adventures

Salt & Pepper Adventures
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible for you folks to add a "park open dates" criteria to your site? It is difficult to find parks open in the winter.

-Kit

http://sltandppr.blogspot.com

2. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Salt & Pepper Adventures @ Dec 19 2011, 01:31 PM) [snapback]28433[/snapback]

Would it be possible for you folks to add a "park open dates" criteria to your site? It is difficult to find parks open in the winter.

-Kit

http://sltandppr.blogspot.com

Haven't found that to be a problem if you stay south.

3. Salt & Pepper Adventures

Salt & Pepper Adventures
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(fpullanosr @ Dec 19 2011, 11:35 AM) [snapback]28434[/snapback]

Haven't found that to be a problem if you stay south.

That's a big IF! :D

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

That is something that might be hard to do since dates can, and do, often change from one year to the next. Some places close at the first frost and that is not always at the same time every year. The openings can be varied depending on the weather also. If someone posted a date this year and the campground didn't get reviewed for over a year the date could very likely be inaccurate and cause someone to use that CG only to find it still closed. I think it would be better to call the CG to get that information on an as needed basis.

5. willranless

willranless
    Expand Collapse

Most parks that are open all year mention this on their website home page. If you run a Google search "RV parks open year round in ________ (enter the specific area you wish to go or just the State name), these parks should show up on the first few pages of the search. Then check the reviews for such parks on this site. By doing it this way the information you get should be more current than it would be otherwise.

6. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

This same question was asked in another thread (My Wish List for RV Reviews) in the RV Park Discussion half of this Forum. Original Post was 10/7/11 and the most recent post (as of today) was 11/7/11. There were a total of 12 posts.

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Just catching up on my forum reading, so I'm late jumping in here.

Perhaps an option might be to turn the "Open dates" around and add an "Open all year" entry to the "Accommodations" list rather than specifying dates?

8. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

In New York State private campground owners have an association that publishes a really nice guide book each year of all member CG's. In this book, which is layed out by region of the state, they list the operating dates of all member CG's. Very handy and I wonder if other state CG associations have similiar publications.

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(vincee @ Feb 8 2012, 11:22 AM) [snapback]28734[/snapback]

In New York State private campground owners have an association that publishes a really nice guide book each year of all member CG's. In this book, which is layed out by region of the state, they list the operating dates of all member CG's. Very handy and I wonder if other state CG associations have similiar publications.

As far as I know, within each state there exist a "campground owners association" that provides a listing of campgrounds within that state. They are printed yearly, so updated material is provided with each new booklet. We find them at almost all Rv shows and rallies in the northeastern states. May also be available through the states' camping associations....worth a try...... Have noticed that some campgrounds have the booklet for their state available.....

10. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

They are also available on the internet. Just google the state you want.