Hello

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bandit23, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Bandit23

Bandit23
    Expand Collapse

Just a short introduction to say hi. I've been here reviewing campgrounds since 2008 but have not joined the forum so I thought I would correct this oversight. I'm Mike and my lovely wife is Pat. We have been RVing since 1973 when we went on our honeymoon in what is now called a class 'B' RV. Back then it was called a camper van and we toured all over Europe in it. It was a 1968 Chevy C10 van with an ice box (yes it used ice to keep things cool), Coleman white gas two burner stove and a dinette that converted into the bed. We put many miles on that van seeing Germany, France, Luxemburg, and Belgium. After that we tried truck campers but found them cramped so we got out of the camping thing. I continued camping in a tent and traveled on my motorcycle. I have camped all over the Midwest and east coast until 2008 when we bought our Beaver. We have since then traveled to Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Utah, and Mexico.

A little about us; I'm retired from the military and Civil Service and Pat is a retired school teacher. We are now in the year where we go fulltime and attempt to see the country we have just driven by all these years. We have two children and soon to be two grandchildren, our daughter is expecting a son in May of this year. We are currently living in south central Kansas but will be relocating for domicile purposes to Livingston Texas.

We are members of the Escapees RV Club, FMCA, and Good Sam. I am a member of the American Legion, the American Legion Riders, The Sons of the American Legion, and the Patriot Guard Riders.

So hello to all,

2. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bandit23 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:21 PM) [snapback]28751[/snapback]

Just a short introduction to say hi. I've been here reviewing campgrounds since 2008 but have not joined the forum so I thought I would correct this oversight. I'm Mike and my lovely wife is Pat. We have been RVing since 1973 when we went on our honeymoon in what is now called a class 'B' RV. Back then it was called a camper van and we toured all over Europe in it. It was a 1968 Chevy C10 van with an ice box (yes it used ice to keep things cool), Coleman white gas two burner stove and a dinette that converted into the bed. We put many miles on that van seeing Germany, France, Luxemburg, and Belgium. After that we tried truck campers but found them cramped so we got out of the camping thing. I continued camping in a tent and traveled on my motorcycle. I have camped all over the Midwest and east coast until 2008 when we bought our Beaver. We have since then traveled to Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Utah, and Mexico.

A little about us; I'm retired from the military and Civil Service and Pat is a retired school teacher. We are now in the year where we go fulltime and attempt to see the country we have just driven by all these years. We have two children and soon to be two grandchildren, our daughter is expecting a son in May of this year. We are currently living in south central Kansas but will be relocating for domicile purposes to Livingston Texas.

We are members of the Escapees RV Club, FMCA, and Good Sam. I am a member of the American Legion, the American Legion Riders, The Sons of the American Legion, and the Patriot Guard Riders.

So hello to all,

3. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Hello back to you.

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum. Being retired military and seeing your avatar I was thinking that perhaps you're an ole CAV guy.

The Patriot Guard does some good things.

You're gonna like Texas...it's a Whole 'Nother Country. :)

5. JBH

JBH
    Expand Collapse

Welcome as well, seems to be a few of us retired GI's around here, my wife and I are both military retirees too.

6. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

Mike and Pat,

What a lovely introduction. Thank you I enjoyed reading it. I have been reviewing RV parks and reading this forum for a few years now. Of all the resources to figure out where to stay with our RV I consider RV Park Reviews the best.

I am Bob and my lovely wife if Barbara. We are hopeful that our house will be sold to our next door neighbor within the next few weeks and then we are going to do exactly what you are going to do. Stop longer and smell the flowers and maybe fish a few streams we have seen in the past but always have been on a schedule to get past. We have been fixing up our RV for the last two years and it is now ready for some extended travels.

Hope to see you again in these forums or on the road.

7. Bandit23

Bandit23
    Expand Collapse

RLM, if you ain't Cav you just plain old ain't. 'A' 229 AHB 1st Cav Bien Hoa Vietnam. 'C' Troop 1/4 Cav, Ft. Riley KS. CSC Troop 2/235th Cav, Nebraska NG.

JBH, Welcome Home you two.

RFCN2, We are also hoping a neighbor buys our house. The Burnham's, of Martin and Gracie Burnham fame (Phillipenes), have first right of refusal so they get to look first, hopefully next week. We're redoing both bathrooms, have done the kitchen and floors. Now needs paint but we're hoping they will buy it and choose their own colors.

To all, thank you for the warm welcome and hope to see all of you on the road, or in a campground.

Mike

8. chowhound

chowhound
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum bandit, I know you will like Livingston, Tx; lake, lots of trees, no state income tax... much different than the flat lands of Kansas.

9. FranznHilga

FranznHilga
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum Mike! With your experience you will be able to help others who post questions here regularly. Hilga and I have been out on the road for years too, but are also relatively new members of the forum. We also joined to see if we could offer assistance to others based on our experiences on the road.