Hw To View A Specific Members Campground Reviews?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Snidely Whiplash, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to view a specific member's campground reviews? Or create a link to my own reviews?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The correct answer is no. You can look at your reviews. Go to the last review you wrote and under that you will see a link on number of reviews you have on line. Click on this link and it will open all your reviews.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just adding a note to John's reply--you can see all the reviews by a particular member by clicking on the link at the bottom of a review, but there is no way you can see the name of the member who wrote those reviews.

4. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

Got it. Thanks for the help.

5. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

Might we ask why you want to find reviews by author?

6. chickenpants

chickenpants
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Kirk @ Apr 20 2012, 06:16 PM) [snapback]29323[/snapback]

Might we ask why you want to find reviews by author?

I look at past reviews, of a particular reviewer, as they are most telling. If a campground has generally good/very good reviews and one horrible review then looking at other updates from the same reviewer may sometimes tell you if they pick apart every campground or if they have an ax to grind. Since the numeric ratings are highly subjective the the more data the better. One reviewer may rave about the easy on/easy off the interstate and another reviewer mark down their rating due to highway noise.

My favorite is reviewers who want to camp at out in remote areas such as the seasonal campgrounds in New Mexico who then knock the campground because they can't get a good Verizon signal for their MiFi.

7. JBH

JBH
    Expand Collapse

I agree, it sure would be nice to be able to pick out the reviews placed by members that can't be pleased no matter where they go. I have seen the same thing...out of a long list of reviews there seems to be one standout review that just goes a bit overboard. Sometimes this might be because the park staff had a bad day, or because the reviewer just spent 4 hours in a traffic jam that now becomes the "fault" of the park. There are so many things that can be out of the control of the park, but because the reviewer was already mad, the park takes the hit. I am smart enough to realize that if every review identifies the same things, there is a very good chance they are spot on...but I have stayed at parks that had only a single bad review that were great parks. I guess there is no real answer, but it sure could be helpful to be able to "know" how a reviewer ticks in order to understand how to extract what thier "positive" rating is.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

As stated earlier, you can see all the reviews that a member has written. We just don't give out the member's name.

9. JBH

JBH
    Expand Collapse

I was merely agreeing, not trying to irritate you, sorry about that, suppose I will just keep my comments to myself from now on but I kinda thought that was the point of a forum.

10. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(chickenpants @ May 4 2012, 08:45 AM) [snapback]29444[/snapback]

My favorite is reviewers who want to camp at out in remote areas such as the seasonal campgrounds in New Mexico who then knock the campground because they can't get a good Verizon signal for their MiFi.

I think mentioning the quality of your cell carrier's signal at a given location is useful information for others, but like the weather, I don't use it in assigning a rating value.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(JBH @ May 9 2012, 01:12 AM) [snapback]29480[/snapback]

I was merely agreeing, not trying to irritate you, sorry about that, suppose I will just keep my comments to myself from now on but I kinda thought that was the point of a forum.

Wow, did I sound irritated? Sorry, I didn't mean to. Guess it is hard to tell when you can't hear the tone of my voice. When you said, "it sure would be nice to be able to pick out the reviews placed by members that can't be pleased no matter where they go," that sounded to me like you still wanted to be able to see reviews by a particular reviewer by name. I wasn’t sure you really understood how the system worked, and I just wanted to make it clear that we do not reveal who has written the review. Sorry if you took my explanation any other way, and you do not need to keep your comments to yourself. You are very welcome to join in at any time.

12. JBH

JBH
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about that, but that was exactly what I was agreeing to while still understanding the reason why you can't do just that...I agree it would be very helpful, but also agree that it isn't possible since it would stifle the folks that want to write how they feel (when I review, I write how I feel but also don't beat up the park for things out of their control)...it'd be a lot like bashing a park in Alaska because of the mosquitos :D .

13. Steve and Kathy Burnett

Steve and Kathy Burnett
    Expand Collapse

My favorites are the people who give bad reviews because it was windy or too cold.. or not enough activities for their kids. Want lot's of activities? Go to a park that features stuff for children. At my age, those are the ones I avoid :)

Most complain about weak WiFi signal nowdays which I think is baloney. If they knew how much it costs a park to install WiFi with all the repeaters, I think they would understand if the "surfiing" speeds aren't equal to direct connect cable speeds. You want Wifi? Get an air card. I did. OK - rant over.