Ohio To Maine

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by travelingtwo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. travelingtwo

travelingtwo
    Expand Collapse

Looking for information on I-86, I-88 across New York - good road? tolls? mountains?

2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(travelingtwo @ Apr 22 2012, 03:11 PM) [snapback]29347[/snapback]

Looking for information on I-86, I-88 across New York - good road? tolls? mountains?

Can not speak to I-86, but I-88 is a good four lane non-toll interstate, but is up & down. Not that bad. Do you want to avoid toll roads??? Can direct you to Maine from eastern New York State if you so desire. Three routes available, but only two are direct, both use toll roads. Do you have "Easy Pass"???

3. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Two years ago, we drove I-86 from the Ohio border as far as Bath and I thought it was in terrible shape..especially up to Jamestown. I don't know whether it has been resurfaced by now or not.

4. travelingtwo

travelingtwo
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Apr 22 2012, 06:47 PM) [snapback]29349[/snapback]

Can not speak to I-86, but I-88 is a good four lane non-toll interstate, but is up & down. Not that bad. Do you want to avoid toll roads??? Can direct you to Maine from eastern New York State if you so desire. Three routes available, but only two are direct, both use toll roads. Do you have "Easy Pass"???

QUOTE(Butch @ Apr 22 2012, 06:47 PM) [snapback]29349[/snapback]

that would be great - what routes do you recommend? looking for the easiest route with best roads even if we do have to pay tolls.. Any idea what the tolls are ? Thank you for your help!