Shelburne Nh To Ellsworth Me

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Luvtheroad, May 27, 2012.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We'll be traveling from Shelburne NH to Ellsworth ME and Mapquest gives me three choices. Does anyone have a favorite route? Pulling a BAT (Big A$$ Trailer) and don't want extremely narrow winding roads. Thanks for any advice.

2. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Take Highway #2 across Maine to Newport, where you'll pick up Interstate 95 north to Bangor. At Bangor, take Interstate 395 across the Penobscot River and then take Highway 1-a on down to Ellsworth. All of these roads are good.....not too many curves, no steep climbs, etc. I live in Ellsworth and have driven this route many times.

3. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I just curious. Where is Shelburne, NH? I know there is a Shelbourne, VT (just south of Burlington), but I could not find a Shelburne, NH.

Maine Don's advice still stands - US2 runs in conjunction with I89 from Burlington to Montpelier, VT where they split up. US2 continues (north)eastward to St. Johnsbury, VT and then on to NH and, finally, Maine.

4. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ May 28 2012, 12:13 PM) [snapback]29602[/snapback]

I just curious. Where is Shelburne, NH? I know there is a Shelbourne, VT (just south of Burlington), but I could not find a Shelburne, NH.

Maine Don's advice still stands - US2 runs in conjunction with I89 from Burlington to Montpelier, VT where they split up. US2 continues (north)eastward to St. Johnsbury, VT and then on to NH and, finally, Maine.

Shelburne is on US2, east of Gorham, NH and west of the Maine border. I don't think it's even a wide place in the road.... We're staying at Timberland Campground there for a while.

5. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

jamarynn1,

Thanks for the NH geography lesson. My US road atlas doesn't even show Shelbourne in its' index of cities and towns in NH. I stayed at a park somewhere in the Gorham area about 10 years ago, but I don't think it was Timberland. I do believe I remember driving by it - was right on the north side of US2.

6. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

jamarynn1,

Follow MaineDon's advice. I came across into Maine last year lower than you then hit I-95 North to Bangor then took 395 to 1 A over to Timberland. The roads were not narrow. You may want to do your landry before you get to Timberland. Washers and dryers are a bit expensive there, but clean.