Reviewer Error

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Jerry S, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

A recent review of Bend/Sisters Garden RV Park in Bend, OR, gave the park a rating of 2. The review bgins with the words "Great park" and makes several other positive comments. Since there is nothing negative in this short review, I am assuming the 2 rating is an error. Is there any way for the reviewer or admin to correct this if it is indeed an error?

2. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 2 2012, 02:13 PM) [snapback]29619[/snapback]

A recent review of Bend/Sisters Garden RV Park in Bend, OR, gave the park a rating of 2. The review bgins with the words "Great park" and makes several other positive comments. Since there is nothing negative in this short review, I am assuming the 2 rating is an error. Is there any way for the reviewer or admin to correct this if it is indeed an error?

The best why to accurately report and fix the errorwould be for someone to go visit the park and then write a report.

Since you have an interest in that park, you might be the one who wants to do it.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(fpullanosr @ Jun 2 2012, 04:14 PM) [snapback]29622[/snapback]

The best why to accurately report and fix the errorwould be for someone to go visit the park and then write a report.

Since you have an interest in that park, you might be the one who wants to do it.

That won't fix the existing good review with the bad rating. Either the original reviewer needs to request a fix, or an editor needs to make an arbitrary correction, but it's obvious that the low rating was not the reviewer's intent.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Dutch_12078 @ Jun 2 2012, 06:28 PM) [snapback]29623[/snapback]

That won't fix the existing good review with the bad rating. Either the original reviewer needs to request a fix, or an editor needs to make an arbitrary correction, but it's obvious that the low rating was not the reviewer's intent.

The original reviewer needs to click on "Contact Us" (found at the bottom of each page) and report their error. I am not sure an admin will make an "arbitrary correction" since that really caused a firestorm the last time that happened even though that situation was very similar to this one.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Some weeks ago found two reviews that come in at the same time from the same person. Each review was a great report on the park. No problems were noted in the reviews. Person rated one park a 1 and the other a 10. Now, what happen here? This was persons first two reviews.

This may be the same case again, how do we know? As you write reviews you get better overtime.

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jun 2 2012, 08:14 PM) [snapback]29624[/snapback]

The original reviewer needs to click on "Contact Us" (found at the bottom of each page) and report their error. I am not sure an admin will make an "arbitrary correction" since that really caused a firestorm the last time that happened even though that situation was very similar to this one.

Thanks, that does make sense. Is a reviewer ever contacted to request a clarification?

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Dutch_12078 @ Jun 2 2012, 09:47 PM) [snapback]29626[/snapback]

Is a reviewer ever contacted to request a clarification?

A reviewer can be contacted and asked if there is a mistake. Whether this is done or not is up to the admin who works the review.

8. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jun 3 2012, 12:20 AM) [snapback]29627[/snapback]

A reviewer can be contacted and asked if there is a mistake. Whether this is done or not is up to the admin who works the review.

Ahh... Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

9. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jerry S,

OK, we have the correct answer back from person who wrote the review. The review should have been a nine. The updates are in place, problem over. :)

10. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 2 2012, 11:13 AM) [snapback]29619[/snapback]

Whenever I see a good written review with a low number rating, it tells me that some people need to stay off the computer after 'happy hour' :D .

11. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jun 3 2012, 02:13 PM) [snapback]29630[/snapback]

Jerry S,

OK, we have the correct answer back from person who wrote the review. The review should have been a nine. The updates are in place, problem over. :)

Thanks for the update, John...

12. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

John,

Thanks for getting this error corrected.

I'm really surprised by how many posts this topic generated. Maybe some of us will be a little more careful when giving the rating number in our reviews. As I said in a recent post in another thread: "To error is human, what's my excuse."

From my experience, it is better to point out problems like this in the forum rather than using the "Contact Us" option. I recently tried that option when I saw a review posted under the wrong RV park. Because the initial admin working the problem did not know the area in which the park was loacated, it took several e-mails back and forth before they got it right. Plus, as noted above, it may make people more aware of this type of error and be more careful with future reviews.

13. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jerry S.

On the "Contact Us" route. This will route a problem into the website. We have admins worked in the USA and Canada that can help find the right answer. We try hard to stay on top of all problems. Endless hours per week are spent in repair work due to wrong information on campgrounds. :rolleyes:

14. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I might point out that this is a free site and the moderators are volunteers who do all of this for free. We can not expect them to be perfect and it is still up to the reader to read many reviews and make their own judgements.

15. Jacob D

Jacob D
    Expand Collapse

I posted a review of Palmetto Cove RV Park near Cleveland, SC and noticed an error in the information about the park. It shows the number 60 for sites in the park but there are actually 144 full hook-up sites there. There were over 100 rigs in the park when we attended the Alumalina rally there the first week in April.

16. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

if you message the Help Desk through the 'contact us' link at the bottom right of this page I think one of the Admin team can perhaps go in and fix that for you.

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Hutch333id is correct about reporting this to the Help Desk; that is the best way to report mistakes in a park's listing. However, since I read about the correction here, I just went ahead and updated the number of sites. Thanks for reporting it.