What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by imagardener, Aug 7, 2012.

1. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, duplicate post. My bad.

2. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Just when I thought we had covered every possible peeve, both pet and otherwise, up pops a new one:
    BAGPIPES!

About dinnertime yesterday, someone decided we all needed to hear his bagpiping long and LOUDLY.
    When he finally piped down (pun intended) one person yelled "bravo" but several others yelled variation
    of "Shut the h*ll up".

Nothing against the instrument , but the blower was not all that good.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We used to have a real problem with one at our business. He played across the street for hours.

4. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

About dinnertime yesterday, someone decided we all needed to hear his bagpiping long and LOUDLY.

LOL. I have a personality/DNA disorder, I guess, and do not like music of any kind - just never have. I can guarantee that, if there was only one musician in a campground, we would be assigned the site right next door. If there are music makers with good sounds and those who are bad, we will be parked next to the bad ones. We even had a heavy metal band parked next to us at a state park that practiced Saturday afternoon at their site before working a nearby tavern that night. We have never had a bag pipe, though.

I know this is off topic, sorry. It is really not a pet peeve. I know I am in a minority of one regarding music and it really doesn't bother me much, as long as I can escape to where it is quieter.

5. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

Well a little off topic, but since we are talking about bagpipes, DW and I had a pleasant experience one time. Surprise 50th birthday weekend for DW (a few years back LOL) and about 20 family members touring the Finger Lakes Wine Region of New York State. We were having lunch at one of the wineries, Thristy Owl, and next to us is a guy and his wife who is dis-abled. They sorta joined in to our group fun. Brother in law makes a point about DW's 50th to them and guy mentions he plays the 'pipes etc. When we leave the winery in the parking lot is our new friend in his kilt and full dress and plays Happy Birthday for my wife and about 6 or 7 additional songs. By the time he was finished there was a small crowd around my DW wishing her a very happy 50th! Priceless! :p

6. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

The only bag-pipe I've ever heard in an RV park was some old lady yelling at her deaf husband.

True story......

7. xtreme4jc1

xtreme4jc1
    Expand Collapse

This one has probably been said before but here it goes. My pet peeve is having to listen to someone else's music playing on their outdoor speakers. It's ok if they keep it down to a decent level but if your three or four spaces down and I can hear it like its coming out of my speakers, that's a little much. We have been several spaces down from people who brought their own speakers to place around their campsite and then played music all day long for the whole campground to enjoy :blink: I love camping though, even if the sound of nature is not the only things I get to hear. Oh, one more thing. It's annoying when you're neighbors friends park all over your campsite, blocking you in while they proceed to have a family reunion for half the night. Ok that's it. Happy camping everyone. Warmer weather is on its way.

8. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the music thing gets mentioned, well.....ALOT. Whomever was the brainchild of outdoor entertainment systems (meaning anything with speakers) should be covered in honey and buried in a Florida ant hill!
    JMHO.

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I have one more peev and it may sound like I'm kissing rear end here, but it does bug me and maybe some of you too. On the web, have you noticed the proliferation of campground and rv park review sites. The problem is these other sites many times try to tout themselves as the BEST site to go to for park info, withe the most reviews available. Yet a quick search of their database shows that it pales by comparison with this site. The really sad thing is some of them even attempt to charge people for this "invaluable" information. Some sites even copy the reviews from this site AMD call them their own. Grrr.

Thanks for letting me vent.

10. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Wow! I had no idea that was going on. Are you sure they are copying from
    here? Some people may submit the same review to other sites, perhaps?

Have never seen a pay to view site for rv park reviews and cannot imagine
    why anyone would use one.

11. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Dang...posted three times, it did!

12. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Uffdah! Sorry.

13. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

Off with a finger for GandJ I say LOL! I better be careful how loud my music is or it sounds like it'll be off with my ear you say! HaHaHa!

14. acampingfan

acampingfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jnk2001 @ Aug 11 2012, 09:59 PM) [snapback]30530[/snapback]

My pet peeve?

people with a long list of pet peeves. :D

I knew someone had to be thinking the same as I was!!!!!!

15. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

This may not be too popular here, but we'll see.

I don't care for the RV'ers that don't have a clue (applies to about any vehicle). They will cruise whatever speed they want, pull out into the left lane doing 65, while speedlimit is 75, to pass someone. Then take forever to pass them (not minding the fact that some of us are cruising a very strong 75-80). The leapfroggers who can't drive a consistent speed. The really slow folks on two lane highways. Most of those folks I usually just get a kick out of.

Also the RV parks that advertise themselves as family friendly and charge 3 extra per person. They are NOT family friendly.

Sorry for the rant, but felt good....

16. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John316 @ Mar 26 2013, 07:20 PM) [snapback]32884[/snapback]

This may not be too popular here, but we'll see.

I don't care for the RV'ers that don't have a clue (applies to about any vehicle). They will cruise whatever speed they want, pull out into the left lane doing 65, while speedlimit is 75, to pass someone. Then take forever to pass them (not minding the fact that some of us are cruising a very strong 75-80). The leapfroggers who can't drive a consistent speed. The really slow folks on two lane highways. Most of those folks I usually just get a kick out of.

Also the RV parks that advertise themselves as family friendly and charge 3 extra per person. They are NOT family friendly.

Sorry for the rant, but felt good....

I have the same loath for "left lane loafers". The left lane is a passing lane not a travelling lane. So many people just move over and stay. It is against the law in many provinces and states. I just wish it was enforced.

Darrell

17. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

And they still have on their left turn blinker from yesterday.

18. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

IMO its the advent of cruise control on almost every vehicle out there now. People set theirs at the speed they think is perfect and are impervious to the rest of the world around them.

19. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(vincee @ Mar 27 2013, 07:46 AM) [snapback]32888[/snapback]

IMO its the advent of cruise control on almost every vehicle out there now. People set theirs at the speed they think is perfect and are impervious to the rest of the world around them.

I wish they would use the cruise control!! Every time I'm on the highway there are the people who speed up to 70mph, then slowly drop down to 55mph... then speed up to 70mph. If they actually used cruise control highway travel would be much better.

Of course, the reason they are going slow and fast is because they are on the cell phone...

20. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Lindsay Richards:

Then there's the other type who never uses the blinker, after all, they know where they're going....