Prince Edward Island Shellfish Festival, Canada

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by New Mexico rockhound, Aug 22, 2012.

1. New Mexico rockhound

New Mexico rockhound
    Expand Collapse

Any tips on a nice place to stay near Charlottetown, PEI? My husband and I flying to Nova Scotia and renting an RV to drive to the shellfish festival. Any info greatly appreciated!

2. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We love P.E.I. and visit there nearly every summer. There is a nice park on Port Charlotte Harbor in the town of Stratford. I don't remember its name and I guess I didn't enter a review of it on this forum.......but it provides easy access into the city and is in a quiet residential area (check Trailer Life for the name). One of our favorite parks is in what the locals call "East Prince"......Red Point Provincial Park in the town of Souris. It has a beautiful sand beach and sites on the water, or, better yet, site high on a hill above the beach (wonderful views). Another nice park is the P.E.I. National Park near Cavendish. We always stay in the Cavendish loop when using this park. Don't miss the red sand beaches to the east of Cavendish....or the dunes area at North Prince. P.E.I. is great place.