Rv Parks Review Ipad App

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Danes on tour, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Danes on tour

Danes on tour
    Expand Collapse

I have been looking for an Ipad app, but either I just can't find one, or it doesn't exist.

1) If there is one - where can I find it?
    2) If it doesn't exist, are we going get one at any point?

We NEVER stay anywhere without having checked with RV Park Reviews first.

Thanks

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm.
    I am curious about this as well. IS there an app?

Since the information here is updated constantly, wouldn't one have to go on-line to obtain the most up-to-date data?

(Of course, my impression is that an "app" is a static thing. Load it once and then use it. Like software.)

3. Littleredsportscar

Littleredsportscar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Sep 2 2012, 06:23 PM) [snapback]30931[/snapback]

Hmmm.
    I am curious about this as well. IS there an app?

Since the information here is updated constantly, wouldn't one have to go on-line to obtain the most up-to-date data?

(Of course, my impression is that an "app" is a static thing. Load it once and then use it. Like software.)

There is an excellent iPad app. It is called allstays. Look in the app store. I threw my Woodall's away. This app is like $6. Well worth the money.

There is an excellent iPad app for RV sites. It is called allstays. Look in the app store. It cost $6 and is worth every penny. I threw my Woodall's away

I'm new to this board so bear with me as I learn how to reply.

There is an iPad and android app called allstays. Go to the app store. MIT cost $6 and is worth every penny. I threw my Woodall's away.

This app shows you all rv parks, fuel stops, rest areas, along with links to reviews and web sites. It is very interactive. You will not be disappointed.

4. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Littleredsportscar @ Sep 3 2012, 11:42 PM) [snapback]30963[/snapback]

There is an excellent iPad app. It is called allstays. Look in the app store. I threw my Woodall's away. This app is like $6. Well worth the money.
    There is an excellent iPad app for RV sites. It is called allstays. Look in the app store. It cost $6 and is worth every penny. I threw my Woodall's away

I'm new to this board so bear with me as I learn how to reply.

There is an iPad and android app called allstays. Go to the app store. MIT cost $6 and is worth every penny. I threw my Woodall's away.

This app shows you all rv parks, fuel stops, rest areas, along with links to reviews and web sites. It is very interactive. You will not be disappointed.

Allstays CG app is excellent. I have it on my iPhone. If you click on the review tab for any particular CG it will take you to the reviews appearing here on RV Park Reviews, so it amounts to an alternative portal to this site. Very convenient when on the road.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

The above site isn't as app (as stated), but is a Smart phone friendly version of this site. It is used in conjunction with your browser. I have mine booked marked in my Google Android and love it. It just takes a couple of more clicks than an app and should be a must for everybody with a Smart phone. Best of all is that it is free. Can't beat that.

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We hope to add this link on the main page soon. That would help everyone with a smart phone or ipad. This link carry's the same updated information as the PC side. You will have new reviews all the time as you travel. Enjoy it. :)

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if you had m.campgroundreviews.com point to it - a lot of smartphone browsers look to see if a site has the m. prefix.

9. NwJeeper

NwJeeper
    Expand Collapse

Just a suggestion but you can create a QR code free and easily for any URL online then post it on the front page of campgroundreviews.com with a title "scan for mobile friendly web site".

This way anyone with a smartphone can just scan the QR code on the screen and their phone will automatically go to it. It's then easy to save the page without having to type in the URL on the phone.

10. thetravelkids

thetravelkids
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Sep 10 2012, 09:20 PM) [snapback]31073[/snapback]

We hope to add this link on the main page soon. That would help everyone with a smart phone or ipad. This link carry's the same updated information as the PC side. You will have new reviews all the time as you travel. Enjoy it. :)

Is there an update on getting a REAL app for us android users??
    Thanks,
    Bob

11. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Is there an update on getting a REAL app for us android users??

You don't need an app. I have an Android smart phone and use the site listed above all the time. Just put it into your browser bookmarks. You can get to the site with several clicks. (touches). It is very helpful. You can go to a city and scroll down to see the various reviews and go to nearby towns and go to them. The map is full function. It works great. The only problem is it isn't full screen and you have to move it around some, but it is easy. I even taught my wife to do it. You can do it via cell phone coverage and no need for WiFi. On our recent trip, we did it rolling down the highway. No reason not to use it.

12. thetravelkids

thetravelkids
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Nov 1 2012, 11:07 AM) [snapback]31744[/snapback]

You don't need an app. I have an Android smart phone and use the site listed above all the time. Just put it into your browser bookmarks. You can get to the site with several clicks. (touches). It is very helpful. You can go to a city and scroll down to see the various reviews and go to nearby towns and go to them. The map is full function. It works great. The only problem is it isn't full screen and you have to move it around some, but it is easy. I even taught my wife to do it. You can do it via cell phone coverage and no need for WiFi. On our recent trip, we did it rolling down the highway. No reason not to use it.

Hmm...I continue NOT to be able to use rvparkreviews on my android tablet. I am NOT able to scroll down through the states, nor can I scroll down through the cities when I try and find a campground in a state that shows; Alabama, Arkansas, etc.
    Bob

13. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Bob,

Go back to post #5 and use the link I posted. See if that will do the trick. The Google website link will not work well and you will have problems like in your post here.

14. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

My phone has the ICS software and works fine. My daughter has a Google Nexus Seven Tablet. I will try it this weekend while we are down there and see if it works. Which tablet do you have and what operating system does it have?

15. thetravelkids

thetravelkids
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Nov 2 2012, 12:44 PM) [snapback]31768[/snapback]

My phone has the ICS software and works fine. My daughter has a Google Nexus Seven Tablet. I will try it this weekend while we are down there and see if it works. Which tablet do you have and what operating system does it have?

I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
    All I know about the operating system is that it is the Android OS. Not sure exactly what version it is...2.2 I think.
    Bob

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

17. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

18. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

19. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Works on old Galaxy Tab running 2.3 and new Galaxy Tab 2 running ICS. You may have some issue with your tab or older OS.

20. thetravelkids

thetravelkids
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the link! Works great on the Samsung tablet!