Rv Parks Review Ipad App

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Danes on tour, Aug 28, 2012.

1. eaf14131

eaf14131
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Sep 9 2012, 10:11 AM) [snapback]31042[/snapback]

Yes, we have a link for this website as well. Click on link below and it will work on Iphone or IPad. This way you will have updated reviews all the time.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/iphone/#_home

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The URL works great. Even without a WiFi connection, I can get the basic info.
    One thing that would make the site complete is the numeric ratings for the last 5 or so reviewers. Then when WiFi isn't available, we could get a feeling for what reviewers are thinking of a CG.

Thanks again

Elliott

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The last (10) rating numbers are on the list now and have been for years. Look under "Latest Review Information" and you will see it.

3. eaf14131

eaf14131
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Dec 25 2012, 02:00 PM) [snapback]32268[/snapback]

The last (10) rating numbers are on the list now and have been for years. Look under "Latest Review Information" and you will see it.

That works when you have WiFi available. What I was referring to is the page that appears on my Android after selecting - state>City> CG. After selecting the CG a page appears that starts out with the number of sites, the next line defines water/electirc/sewer.

This is the page I was referring to. It would be nice to see the last few review numbers on this page. When on the road looking for a place to stop and without WiFi available. The review numbers would give some indication of peoples view of the CG.

When WiFi is available, the link to the standard review page is fine and the last 10 reviews are available.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

It works with either. The mobile page is a little different. It has the summary page with the numerical information. You can then in the lower right corner hit view campground page and see the exact same page as on the website. This works the same if your smart phone is on WiFi or on phone minutes. Just an extra step going to that summary page. Your summary page may need to be re-sized. Scroll down and hit the link for the regular page. It is the same page as the one on the internet.

5. eaf14131

eaf14131
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Dec 28 2012, 12:41 PM) [snapback]32298[/snapback]

It works with either. The mobile page is a little different. It has the summary page with the numerical information. You can then in the lower right corner hit view campground page and see the exact same page as on the website. This works the same if your smart phone is on WiFi or on phone minutes. Just an extra step going to that summary page. Your summary page may need to be re-sized. Scroll down and hit the link for the regular page. It is the same page as the one on the internet.

Thanks to all who replied. The error of my way is the fact that it is internet driven. I thought that I downloaded the all the data on all the CG's. I just shut my modem down and realize now that I need an internet connection to even start. When available, it works fine. Sorry for all the confusion.
    Elliott

6. TedandElle

TedandElle
    Expand Collapse

+1 for auto directing to the mobile site. I just typed my first ever review, hit send, and was returned to the start of the review process. Selecting back didn't bring me back to the page with my review. The keyboard also stayed over the small comment entry window until I figured out to split the keyboard and then merge it. This is on an iPad 3 using Chrome. I guess I'm off to the mobile site to re-type my review. Spoiler alert: Maumelle is a great ARpark! :)

EDIT: looks like the mobile site doesn't allow review entry. I'll save it as an email and post when I get home I guess.