Wp Franklin Coe Campground, Alva/tice Fl

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by GandJ, Sep 16, 2012.

1. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone stayed in this park in the past couple of years - since the switch to over-the-air digital TV signals? This park is very popular, but there are no reviews newer than 2010.

We are just curious as to how good the OTR TV reception is there. Would hate to miss the SuperBowl commercials while we're there. :)

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I was born and raised in Fort Myers and have been there many times, but never stayed there. With it's location, I see no reason that you can not get over the air reception with a batwing. You will need to have the converter box. If you don't have one, buy a case beer and and watch it with your neighbor.

3. b&ss

b&ss
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GandJ @ Sep 16 2012, 07:20 PM) [snapback]31176[/snapback]

Has anyone stayed in this park in the past couple of years - since the switch to over-the-air digital TV signals? This park is very popular, but there are no reviews newer than 2010.

We are just curious as to how good the OTR TV reception is there. Would hate to miss the SuperBowl commercials while we're there. :)

We have stayed there 4 weeks every winter for the past few years. Reception there for over the air signaling is great. No problems for us in this area.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We visit this park a lot and DTV over the air is no problem. Only problem we have found over the years would be to find an open site. Park is full on most weekends, all winter, and lots of other times as well. People from Fort Myers come here all the time. Nice place on the river.

5. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies. And if B&ss created a new account here just to reply to my
    question: Double thank you to you (and welcome to the site).

We do have a reservation at Franklin - you're right, JB, it's VERY hard to get into the
    COE's in FL during January and February. Someone must've cancelled and their spot came
    up for grabs. Lucky us!

Great idea LR! A case of beer might have gotten us an invite from someone with satTV.
    Although, since this is a CoE and alcohol is prohibited, a pot of chili or some grill grub might
    have done the trick, too, eh?

Am glad to know we won't have to rent a hotel room so I can get my yearly superbowl
    commercials fix. I always feel like I'm cheating on our camper when we stay at a hotel. :)