Unregistered Posters

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by GandJ, Oct 4, 2012.

1. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

name='yankeeblue' Unregistered date='Jul 31 2003, 01:15 PM' Post #1
    Has anyone stayed in the thumb area of Michigan in the county parks? They all seem to be listed with georgeous web sites on the lakes, but I wonder if they really are as good as the ad lists.
    We are perticularily interested in Wegener County Park since we have reservations there in October.

I didn't know unregistered "members" could post. Has it always been that way? Just curious.

2. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GandJ @ Oct 4 2012, 05:30 PM) [snapback]31399[/snapback]

I didn't know unregistered "members" could post. Has it always been that way? Just curious.

We found all the Parks in the thump to be very nice. If your loking for well manacuredor fancy, you wont fnd that.

3. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(fpullanosr @ Oct 4 2012, 04:44 PM) [snapback]31400[/snapback]

We found all the Parks in the thump to be very nice. If your loking for well manacuredor fancy, you wont fnd that.

Oops, sorry. That post was actually in the "RV Parks Discussion" forum. I just quoted it here to ask my question about the poster being unregistered. They'd like to see your answer over there, no doubt.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(GandJ @ Oct 4 2012, 04:30 PM) [snapback]31399[/snapback]

What gave you the idea that unregistered members could post?

5. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 4 2012, 09:11 PM) [snapback]31405[/snapback]

What gave you the idea that unregistered members could post?

If you look at the actual post in the RV Parks forum, you'll see what I mean.

In the post first quoted above, it says that yankeeblue has an UNregistered date of Jul 31 2003. And where it generally indicates a member as 'newbie' on a first post, it says 'unregistered'. I should have asked in the other forum on their original post to avoid confusion. Sorry.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

OK, now I understand. I didn't even notice that in the post you quoted. When the forum was first started way back in 2003 or possibly earlier, members did not have to register to post. Now that is required.

7. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Oh, that explains it. The person who replied to that post was also unregistered so I thought it might be a new trend or something. Thanks for the explanation.

If that really was their first post since 2003, they should get a 'longest lurker' award or something. :)

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The first person was registered in 2004 and the other in 2003. You can see the names but information is missing. Full names and all information shows up in our system. I will check into some more items soon.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Now I think I see what happened. Both yankeeblue and michiganmoons made their posts way back in 2003 when people did not have to register. Then just recently on Oct. 5, 2012, krenee replied to the posts probably not realizing that they were 9 years old. This pulled the topic up to the present and made it look like people did not have to register. If you look at other really old threads you will find a few other unregistered people, but as John has indicated, they were probably registered later and the information just wasn’t changed.

10. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Cool the way you sleuthed that out. CSI RV Edition. :)

I need to pay more attention to dates...and to what I post since ya never know what could pop back up - even after NINE years.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(GandJ @ Oct 5 2012, 06:01 PM) [snapback]31414[/snapback]

Cool the way you sleuthed that out.

That's why I get paid the big bucks. :lol:

CSI RV Edition.

Very clever!