How Much Does Your Spouse Infuence Your Campground Reviews

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mdcamping, Oct 25, 2012.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

For the most part over the past few years my better half and I have been able to agree or find common ground on most of the stuff that is involved in reviewing a campground.
    But we have had some exceptions where we haven’t seen eye to eye, one of which was a campground this past summer were we couldn’t agree on how to rate the shower facilities…she thought they were to small and cramped, I thought they were okay, long story short I went with her opinion.

So my question is what things have you and your spouse haven’t seen eye to eye on? B)

Mike

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

A whole lot. I write them up and I ask her to give a score. If different than mine, we average them together. While writing them up, I ask her for pros and cons. It is a joint project (like everything we do). We put a lot of weight on employee attitudes and friendliness. We also rate value (price divided by quality) greatly and try to rate against what they advertised. In other words, if they don't have a pool and don't have one advertised, we can still give them a high score. Rate against what they claim, not against Disneyland. One big down grader for us is poor WiFi when good one is claimed. Lie to us and you get a low score for others to see before they choose you.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 26 2012, 11:00 AM) [snapback]31697[/snapback]

A whole lot. I write them up and I ask her to give a score. If different than mine, we average them together. While writing them up, I ask her for pros and cons. It is a joint project (like everything we do). We put a lot of weight on employee attitudes and friendliness. We also rate value (price divided by quality) greatly and try to rate against what they advertised. In other words, if they don't have a pool and don't have one advertised, we can still give them a high score. Rate against what they claim, not against Disneyland. One big down grader for us is poor WiFi when good one is claimed. Lie to us and you get a low score for others to see before they choose you.

Lately Wifi hasn't been a big deal for us...mostly because our trips have been shorter the past few yrs and the need hasn't been there. But hopefully in the future we'll be doing longer trips and that would probably change.

Yeah we had a few times where they have done a bait & switch on us...one was of a serious matter, which inspired me to start writing reviews.

Mike

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Oct 25 2012, 08:04 PM) [snapback]31692[/snapback]

...So my question is what things have you and your spouse haven’t seen eye to eye on?

I can usually capture our occational differences when I post a review.
    Will say something like: "Pilot gives the wide access roads an 8, but co-pilot was frustrated with the filthy hook-ups (5), and complete lack of customer service (3). So we scored the place a 6 and will look for another the next time we pass this way."

Since we've baby-sat several parks, officially or unofficially over the years; we have refined our perspective of the trials and tribulations of working with the traveling public while managing a RV park. Not for the faint of heart! ;)

5. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

Well, let me put some philosophy on this subject, if you do write a review it means this is your feeling about the conditions of a specific campground, however, :eek: if your line of thought may be influence by your partner, I have the feeling that, you are not really convinced about what you were planning to write. :lol:
    In my opinion a report should be subjective and if your partner doesn’t see the matter on the same way, well, he/she can file his/her own personal report. B)
    I am emphasizing on this issue because, in most of the case, men and women have different perspective in evaluating things, :unsure: I give you an example, my wonderful wife and I are spending 4 months at a comp ground in Florida, she is most interested for the recreation room where she can meet other women and criticize the respective husband/boyfriend/partner.. etc… :p and I am specifically interested for the SPA, SWIMMING POOL and access to the water for my boat, I am not a moody person but I like to spend a good time on my own and she is like a bird yap, yap and yap again. :D
    You may see that having a complete different goals, we might also have a complete difference in evaluating the facility, therefore, it would be more correct if you would file your commentary according to your point of view and he/she too. :ph34r:
    Hoops, If I have ruffled some feather, I AM SORRY.

6. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

if your partner doesn’t see the matter on the same way, well, he/she can file his/her own personal report

Couldn't agree more. DW is my best friend and confidante, but we certainly do not agree on everything and do not expect each other to change an opinion just because the other does not agree. We have several couples as friends, and it baffles us sometimes when they seem to always think of themselves as a We and not an I.