Moisture Problems

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by GACampers, Oct 30, 2012.

1. GACampers

GACampers
    Expand Collapse

We have a Bullet travel trailer. We are having moisture problems inside especially now that it has gotten a little cooler. Any suggestions to help with this problem?

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

How much ventilation do you have for your unit? Do you have more than one roof vent? Are any of your windows cracked open a bit? You need to get more ventilation into your unit and place a dri-z-air or equivalent moisture absorber in one or more places where the moisture collects. Also a good thing to have is roof vent covers such as Maxxair or Camco. That way you can open your roof vents more and keep the rain out. Hope that helps. :)

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

It seems counter intuitive--but open the roof vent and open a window. It would be good to have a heater beside the window to cut down on the cold draft.

4. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi GACampers,

In addition to the excellent suggestions by my fellow Canadians Glenn Norton and pianotuna you might try to use both extractor fans, that is the one in the kitchen and the bathroom, during high humidity activities like cooking and showering. Also, let them run for 15 minutes after you are done with these activities. You might also use the campground's showers if possible. All this will cut down on the build-up of humidity, hope this helps.

5. MAFLAF

MAFLAF
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GACampers @ Oct 30 2012, 11:48 AM) [snapback]31730[/snapback]

We have a Bullet travel trailer. We are having moisture problems inside especially now that it has gotten a little cooler. Any suggestions to help with this problem?

A dehumidifier will also help with the moisture. First & foremost is to have fresh air coming in and keep the air circulating as much as possible. We were in a 32' TT when we 1st started full timing last Dec. and found cracking a window & having a fan run helped a lot but not 100%. Keep up with drying the moisture as soon as you see it so you don't get mold. Also, open cabinet doors to allow for air circulation. If you’re parked at an RV park & not boon docking, instead of using your propane heater, invest in a ceramic heater and use the parks electricity for your heat. Even though the lines froze outside last winter we were nice and warm inside.

6. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

I put Damp Rid tubs around the camper. Basically a moisture absorber. I also crack a couple of windows.

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I like the EVA Drie. Eva Dries cost about $30 or so, but they absorb moisture for about 30 days, then you plug them in and the moisture dries out. They are supposed to last ten years. None of mine did, because I would accidentally drop them, and they would break, and all the crystals go pouring out.