Rv Parks And Meth

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by a.d, Nov 3, 2012.

1. a.d

a.d
    Expand Collapse

It seems that drugs are quite popular in some RV parks these days especially methamphetamine, crystal meth. This is not new and has been going on for some time now. Some cookers use old RVs located in park spaces( like next door ) or kept in RV storage locations or even in mini storage units.Becouse of a new method called SHAKE AND BAKE OR ONE POT METHOD, they can make meth in their own RV, car ect. It has become harder to detect this drug being made and can be made in forty minutes. Even some park management teams are on board with useing, making, selling to aford their own drug habit and shipping the drug.Unfortunately this does eventually effects every one that uses RV parks for overnight,weekly, or full time. Most likely with out you even knowing (health, more violence).Some park owners are quite aware of this happening in thier parks and are reaping some of the rewards, but no direct hands on. This may be becouse of hard times and trying to stay in business or just greed. Now before I get a lot of angry response to this. I did not say all parks all management or park owners. This can happen in any park. No I will not write a review, That will only become a map for other meth users. Yes I know you can call law enforcement. They seem to only care about big drug dealers unless there are children involved. Possibly because they do not have the funding these days and private property laws.

ad

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

This is an indictment more on our society rather than on RVs. This disgusting practice is happening all over our country and that includes RV parks. Here in Florida. they are finding pot grow houses in very expensive neighborhoods. This will continue as long as there is so much money involved.

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

It seems to me that you could say the same thing about many housing developments, trailer parks, apartment complexes and such. Why did you narrow your comments down to RV's and RV parks?

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Ever since Breaking Bad featured an old Bounder as its first meth lab it's been hard to see one that age without wondering "are they using it to make drugs?" :lol:

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Nov 4 2012, 03:08 PM) [snapback]31789[/snapback]

Ever since Breaking Bad featured an old Bounder as its first meth lab it's been hard to see one that age without wondering "are they using it to make drugs?" :lol:

It seems AMC programs like old motor homes. Did you see the old Winnabego Brave on the first few seasons of "The Walking Dead"? I kept thinking, if I was alive during a zombie takeover, I would probably "upgrade" (e.g. steal) a much better rig to survive in. One that got better milage and had more options like an on-board washing machine.

Sorry to hijack this thread. It's sad that these mobile meth labs end up trashing perfectly good RV's since there will be no cost effective way to clean them to make them healthy to occupy later. I work for a restoration company and in many cases we have to gut the entire home (remove all drywall and fixtures down to studs) in order to decontaminate the property.

6. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Obviously, having not seen either of those programs, I need to watch more TV.

That, and the zombie apocalypse aside, I did not realize RVs were being used as meth labs.
    Had read about"suites" type hotel rooms (with kitchenettes) being used to cook up crack, though.

Is this just in private CG's, presumably? Wouldn't think the druggies would take a chance of
    a Park Ranger getting a whiff of what's going on in their mobile meth lab?

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(GandJ @ Nov 5 2012, 07:38 PM) [snapback]31800[/snapback]

Breaking Bad past seasons are available on NetFlix. But, I have to warn you they are addictive! :lol:

8. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GandJ @ Nov 5 2012, 05:38 PM) [snapback]31800[/snapback]

That, and the zombie apocalypse aside, I did not realize RVs were being used as meth labs.
    Had read about"suites" type hotel rooms (with kitchenettes) being used to cook up crack, though.

Is this just in private CG's, presumably? Wouldn't think the druggies would take a chance of

Actually, it is a big problem in the national forest campground system. The rolling meth labs like as much privacy as possible and the out of the way forest service sites provide just that. I am sure the trailer parks masquarading as RV parks also have problems, but we avoid them. That is where this site is invaluable. If the review mentions run down long term trailers and residents we head elsewhere. Not as easy to do with the forest service campgrounds. We have pulled into more than one remote location, saw the potential neighbors and decided we needed to move to a different zip code.

9. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

We have noticed some activities and odors in some state parks that led us to believe there were some nefarious activities going on in rvs. A couple of times we reported our suspicions and got the impression rangers did not believe there was much that could be done. My feeling was that public campgrounds might be at a disadvantage when compared to commercial campgrounds. Commercial parks could, if they wanted, probably have more control over appearance of rv and occupants, the number of visitors, etc. Public parks pretty much have to accept everyone that shows up and can pay entry fees and lot rental. We are also starting to avoid some of the lower cost commercial parks for our stays of a month or longer. We are finding that many of the budget parks are filling with permanent residents in run down rvs, and we have witnessed behaviors we do not care to live near.

10. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Nov 7 2012, 06:50 PM) [snapback]31813[/snapback]

Breaking Bad past seasons are available on NetFlix. But, I have to warn you they are addictive! :lol:

Thanks for the warning. It's been in my queue for quite awhile. Will have the house
    to myself for the week and am hoping to finally get around to seeing what it's all about.

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(GandJ @ Nov 16 2012, 07:30 PM) [snapback]31920[/snapback]

Thanks for the warning. It's been in my queue for quite awhile. Will have the house
    to myself for the week and am hoping to finally get around to seeing what it's all about.

It's just your everyday story of a terminally-ill, suburban high school chemistry teacher with wife and kids who cooks the best meth in the country. Nothing too out of the ordinary! :lol:

12. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

Can we get the presence of Meth Cookers added to the filters so I can avoid them when searching for campgrounds. I need 50 amp, pull thru's and no meth labs... oh, and pet friendly.

:)

13. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(edcornflake @ Jan 7 2013, 04:19 PM) [snapback]32368[/snapback]

Can we get the presence of Meth Cookers added to the filters so I can avoid them when searching for campgrounds. I need 50 amp, pull thru's and no meth labs... oh, and pet friendly.

:)

Good one! I wonder if anyone has encountered an rv park with rules stating, "the cooking.g of meth in any form is strictly prohibited!". This should be between, "clean up after your pets" and "quiet hours are betwen 10pm and 7am".