Review Of Sweetwater (tx) Rv Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jerry S, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I read a new review of Sweetwater (TX) RV Park earlier today that has some questionable information. The reviewer admits that they did not stay at the park. I have no problem with that if they convey some good information on the park. While their advice that you may want to call ahead to make sure they have a site that will fit your RV is solid, they apparently changed the park info to read that the park is not "Big Rig Friendly". According to 3 of the 4 reviews preceeding this questionable review, the park was able to accommodate a 40' rig with a 20' trailer, a 36' rig with 4 slides, and another combo rig that was 60'. Just because this reviewer was told that the park did not have a site that was big enough for his RV on the night they wanted to reserve doesn't mean that the park doesn't have ANY long sites (as evidenced by other reviewrs). Looking at the park "from the highway" certainly does not justify their determination that nothing larger than 32' would fit. That is unfair to the park and the people who use this site. Admin may want to change the "Big Rig Friendly" status of this park back to yes.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The review was removed and pin reset to big rig yes. We have an admin who track down what happen. You could not see the Sweetwater RV Park from I-20 but you could see the Rolling Plains RV Park close to I-20. This information was a mistake and was taken down.

3. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

An Admin actually went there to check it out? If so, VERY cool!

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

No, this was all done on line and with Google maps of each park. This was a simple mistake. The admin who found the mistake found a group of buildings between I-20 and park that blocked the view of the Sweetwater RV Park. The one this person saw was the Rolling Plains RV Park that sets next to I-20. They are not the same place.

5. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

John,

Thanks for taking care of this problem. I certainly had no idea that the review was as erroneous as it turned out to be. I only looked at the review because the reviewer gave it a low rating and I was curious because I had driven through Sweetwater back in October. A secondary reason for posting this topic was so that is could serve as another cautionary tale for reviewers: Please don't change the facilities/amenities listing just because you did not have or use that particular facility or amenity.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Dec 1 2012, 10:50 PM) [snapback]32030[/snapback]

A secondary reason for posting this topic was so that is could serve as another cautionary tale for reviewers: Please don't change the facilities/amenities listing just because you did not have or use that particular facility or amenity.

That is very true. Thank you.