Hello Everyone!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by alittle121, Dec 6, 2012.

1. alittle121

alittle121
    Expand Collapse

Hey RVers!

I just bought my very first RV! I know it's just an A-Frame pop up camper, but I'm proud of it!

I've never done the RV thing, but have always been an outdoorsman and love to camp. Not a hunter though, not a huge fan of killing things.

Recently I relocated from Calgary for a job offer just North of Toronto. Currently I live in Kettleby, which is a small town just North of the City.

Looking forward to talking with all you!! and learning some great new spots!

The pic is of my exact Camper. Not mine, haven't had a good day to take the pics yet, but that's my baby! Got it for $3995.00 in Owen Sound. Was that a relatively good deal? I know it's older, but it sleeps myself and my fiancee rather well.

Thanks Guys and Gals!

-Aaron

Attached Files:

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of good information here.

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(alittle121 @ Dec 6 2012, 01:01 PM) [snapback]32063[/snapback]

Not a hunter though, not a huge fan of killing things. -Aaron

Aaron> OK, I can agee with that, but could you go along with torturing some politicians? :D

A heartfelt welcome to the forum. On this website, the range of RV ownership and associated practical advise about each type can be unlimited. Don't be shy about asking questions.

You will discover that RVing, regardless of the rig, is a joy. Traveling while still being able to sleep in your own bed, eating your own cooked meals, enjoying the piece and quiet of the outdoors atmosphere, and doing that from ground level is a joy associated only with RVing.

Please share your review experiences with campgrounds that you visit. That is one of the main purposes of this website.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the group. We looked at a popup like this at the Tampa RV show last year. To see that popup fold up and all the parts drop down in place was a work of art. It only took a short time to set up and take down. It was ready to travel down the road as a small package. A couple of good size men could pick it up and set it anyplace on site you wish to place it. We see them in parks as we travel from time to time. Enjoy RV life. :)

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard! You have hours of good browsing on this site. :lol:
    You are among friends here.
    Cheers!
    B)

6. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Howdy Aaron,

Welcome to the forum, you'll soon find out that there are many knowledgeable people here, and remember, there are no stupid questions!

You might want to check out the numerous Provincial Parks in your area of Ontario, or maybe the National Park up on the Bruce Peninsula. Have fun, and that's an order! :)

7. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Welcome! Never, say "just an A-frame". Be proud of what you have. Some of us here have motorhomes, some 5th wheels, some travel trailers and my personal preference.....bus conversions. Be proud of your new little home and enjoy every minute in it.

8. alittle121

alittle121
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Dec 6 2012, 07:30 PM) [snapback]32066[/snapback]

Aaron> OK, I can agee with that, but could you go along with torturing some politicians? :D

A heartfelt welcome to the forum. On this website, the range of RV ownership and associated practical advise about each type can be unlimited. Don't be shy about asking questions.

You will discover that RVing, regardless of the rig, is a joy. Traveling while still being able to sleep in your own bed, eating your own cooked meals, enjoying the piece and quiet of the outdoors atmosphere, and doing that from ground level is a joy associated only with RVing.

Please share your review experiences with campgrounds that you visit. That is one of the main purposes of this website.

haha yea I could go for some of that. Thanks for the heart warming welcome. You are all very friendly. I grew up with a cottage in the Gatineaux Quebec so I spent a lot of time camping around there, Killbear is the only place in Ontario I have tried to far and found it to be gorgeous!!

-Aaron

9. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Welcome! You'll find RVers are just about the friendliest people on earth and always ready to give advice and help out. When we were newbies three years ago, we made our share of mistakes and I don't know what I would have done without the advice and help we received from people we met on the road.

10. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Dec 6 2012, 04:30 PM) [snapback]32066[/snapback]

Traveling while still being able to sleep in your own bed, eating your own cooked meals, enjoying the piece and quiet of the outdoors atmosphere, and doing that from ground level is a joy associated only with RVing.

You said it! I had not thought of it that way, but that is exactly what I am getting out of it. And let me add..... being able to sleep in your own bed in a different place. It's like..... "you are home where ever you are." (Once you get around some states laws of having a "physical" address....)

11. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

Hi, Aaron-

Congrats on your new camper and welcome to the site. We really like
    a-frame pop ups: You're up off the ground (a BIG advantage over a tent)
    and there's no wet canvas to deal with as you might have had with a
    conventional pop up.

We look forward to reading about your travel adventures.

-G and J