Welcome To Washington State

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Dec 6, 2012.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I hope I don't get kicked off the forum for this. Just passing on information for anyone who might want to know.

Issues are still being worked out. Remember, it's still ILLEGAL at the Federal level.

Despite the "purple haze" that occurred around the Seattle Center last night, it is still illegal to smoke in public and you will be ticketed for that.

Smelling the substance in your car is not "probable cause" for law enforcement if you are stopped for, say, speeding or something, unless the law enforcement already knows something else about you that is related.

Smoking while driving will definitely get you a DUI. Something like 5 nanograms in bloodstream or something.

Basically, can only have it in your home. Just not in public.

Still working out issues for "licensing" the sale of it. No "stores" yet.

The only good thing about this law is that now Washington State can tax the heck out of it, and maybe get out of a deficit.

Yes, it's legal, but doesn't mean it's a party around here......

Anyone got the scoop on Colorado? The other state that legalized it?

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will be some time before the laws are revised to "fit" this new legality.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

All we need is more Pot heads on the road than we have now. I saw on the news tonight more states may open up laws on smoking Pot. What is next? :(

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

This law certainly wasn't thought through.

It isn't illegal to POSSESS it, as long as it's under an ounce and you are over 21. But, it's still ILLEGAL to GROW it (unless you are part of the medical use crowd and have the appropriate documentation) or SELL it.

What a laugh.

5. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We spent a month in Seattle last year and I just returned from 10 days there. I don't see a lot of difference between when it wasn't legal and now that it is. They were standing around smokin' then and they're standing around smokin' now. It's Seattle....what can I say?

6. dbnck

dbnck
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Dec 6 2012, 07:27 PM) [snapback]32070[/snapback]

All we need is more Pot heads on the road than we have now. I saw on the news tonight more states may open up laws on smoking Pot. What is next? :(

I was just thinking the other day that I would gladly trade every texting/cell phone talking driver for someone who'd been smoking pot. Vastly less dangerous to us other folks on the road, and once the person who's high has made it to the convenience store and bought snacks, he'll go back home and be off the roads. :lol:

Now, if we could replace every violent drunk with a person smoking pot, we'd really be on to something.

7. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dbnck @ Jan 21 2013, 06:28 PM) [snapback]32450[/snapback]

I was just thinking the other day that I would gladly trade every texting/cell phone talking driver for someone who'd been smoking pot. Vastly less dangerous to us other folks on the road, and once the person who's high has made it to the convenience store and bought snacks, he'll go back home and be off the roads. :lol:

Now, if we could replace every violent drunk with a person smoking pot, we'd really be on to something.

Sorta seems that you left out pot smokers whom drive and then text; and may or may have not been drinking too.......... :blink: .

8. dbnck

dbnck
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(B. Kidd @ Jan 24 2013, 05:54 PM) [snapback]32459[/snapback]

Sorta seems that you left out pot smokers whom drive and then text; and may or may have not been drinking too.......... :blink: .

No, I said I'd happily trade pot-smoking drivers for texting drivers. I don't want texting drivers at all, period, impaired or unimpaired.