Assateague State Park Vs. Delaware Seashore State?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ontariogirl, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ontariogirl

ontariogirl
    Expand Collapse

Hi, last year we stayed at Assateague National Park and loved it , but the horseflies were very bad and we had no power, and it was during the heat wave. I love the park, but my husband wants power. We love to be near the ocean. I wondered if anyone would recommend either of these two parks, or any advice? It looks like power will be hard to get in Assateague State park too.... But appreciate your help! Thanks!

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at Assateague and you are right about the bugs. The state park is an option, but don't allow dogs and you would still have the bugs.
    Delaware Seashore, if it's the one I'm thinking of by Rehobeth Beach, is right on the inlet and kind of looks like a parking lot. We drove by it while out shopping, up that way. They do have full hook ups. I don't know if it's tough getting reservations there, but the fee is about 38 bucks a night.
    We stay at Frontier Town, when we go down there. The campground is on the bay and is very nice. Reservations can be tough and it is a bit expensive. They do give you a lot for your money though.
    Another one on the bay is The Castaways. Its like Frontier Town with less stuff and in the same price range.
    Good luck. Hope I helped you.