Terrible News

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Texasrvers, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

To all RVparkreviews members,

This is a most difficult message to write, and it is with great sadness that I need to let you know that John Blue passed away Monday afternoon. Details are sketchy at this point, but apparently he fell off a ladder onto concrete. He was rushed to a trauma center but could not be saved. I know some of you have known John for many years, so if you would like to express your condolences to his wife Sue, please use the “Contact Us” button on the website. These will go to the webmaster who will forward them to Sue when she is ready to read them. It is just so hard to believe this has happened. Please keep Sue in your thoughts.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am very sorry to hear about this... our thoughts to his family.

Mike

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

John will be greatly missed here, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

4. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

So sorry to read this.prayers to his wife. I only messaged him a few times but he was a all right guy in my book.I am sure the site will miss him also.

5. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

As a fairly new member of the staff here, John was my mentor and had a lot to do with my participation here. Although I never had the privilege of meeting him other than by internet, I will miss John and our community has lost one of the best!

6. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

How tragic! John seemed such a nice person. He will truly be missed around here.

7. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Could you give us an update on how John's family is doing?

8. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Mar 24 2013, 05:53 AM) [snapback]32873[/snapback]

Could you give us an update on how John's family is doing?

John's wife is doing good considering her loss. We visited her place the week before last to help her with what I could. I miss John quite a bit myself as I am sure many of you all do. He was her world, and I can only imagine how much she misses him and their travels.

She is selling their 1996 Foretravel Motorhome. John kept the motorhome well maintained, and and in immaculate shape. One could drive it from Florida to Alaska. It's located near Tampa, FL and she needs to get $45,000 for it. If anyone is seriously interested, you can email me for more information. In true John form, the motorhome has very detailed records of everything ever done to it. He called it Miss Blue Jay, and it has a mural with a Bluejay sitting on a limb and her name on the back of the motorhome.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thank you so much for your continued concern. I too have spoken to Sue a few times, but cannot add a lot to what our webmaster has already said. She seems to be doing OK, but of course, misses John terribly. It was only the two of them, and she depended on him so much. In looking back at the previous posts, I have realized that I never mentioned that he was buried at Bushnell National Cemetery which is north of Tampa. Sue told me that they had visited the cemetery several years ago, and that’s when John decided that was where he wanted to be. It is just such a shame that his wishes had to be followed so soon.

10. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been on the board in a long time. What a hearbreak. My prayers are with his wife for sure!

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I just read a review that reported that the owner of Tall Pines RV Park in Shreveport, LA, had passed away. I am so sorry to hear that. Our condolences to his family.

12. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Note, since John was a member of the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA), his passing was mentioned in the May issue of their magazine in the "Final Trip" section. Since it just mentioned his name and member number, I thought I'd post additional information on the FMCA website forum about John. You can read my comments, and comments from other members here:

http://community.fmca.com/topic/5437-good-bye-john/