Selling Rv

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by stonybirch, Jun 11, 2013.

1. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering where the best sites are to list our RV? Hate to give it up, but our life style has changed the last couple of years and we would like to have some else enjoy it? I have used Craig's list, but not much response. Thanks in advance.

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Our area has a Facebook page that is a garage sale site. Several people have sold their RV's on that site. If you have FB check to see if your area has a page like that. Also, check campgrounds in your area and many will probably let you put up a notice that yours is for sale.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Craig's list is a great tool, sold my trailer in 1 day. Sold a lot of other stuff that wasn't that popular also.

Might want to reduce your price...some good piks helps too... if you don't have them already

Mike

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I like Craigslist as well, but the ad should be written well. here are some ideas:

1) make sure you include keyword such as "motor home" (with a space) and motorhome (without a space), camper, RV, trailer, Pop-up, etc.
    2) Make sure the price is right. Check other listings of RV's similar to yours. If you are pricing yours too high, it may be why you are not getting much response.
    3) do include good pictures. be sure and remove clutter and personal items from the pictures that will make the inside of the RV look smaller.
    4) try listing it in towns near you as well.

If you still don't get much response from Cragslist, then you may have to try a larger audiance such as eBay. it will cost you something, but you may find a buyer in another state this way.

If it's a motorhome, and you belong to FMCA, I believe you can list it for free in their classifieds section of their magazine.

5. spartancaver

spartancaver
    Expand Collapse

I used craigslist to buy my travel trailer. I spent weeks going over the postings. Fitzjohnfan has it about right. I hate seeing "TOO MUCH EXTRA ACCESSORIES" for me to waste time posting. One or two photos of the exterior featuring the family dog just didn't do it for me. Make up the bed before shooting pics. Clean the sink and bathroom of bottles and soap. List in towns up to 1 hour away, but no more. Spend time writing the ad before posting to craigslist, then copy and paste it in.

6. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

I listed a fifth wheel hitch on Craig's List... no serious bites at all. I had one reply some time later asking if it was still for sale, I replied and got no response.

Any thoughts on where to sell RV equipment besides RVs?

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(edcornflake @ Jul 9 2013, 11:22 AM) [snapback]34077[/snapback]

I listed a fifth wheel hitch on Craig's List... no serious bites at all. I had one reply some time later asking if it was still for sale, I replied and got no response.

Any thoughts on where to sell RV equipment besides RVs?

Also try posting it in the "auto parts" section. Try positng once each month for several months. Its an unusual item (for craigslist), so it night take a while to find a buyer. You might see if "trailler life" magazine has classifieds

8. Full-Timer RV'er

Full-Timer RV'er
    Expand Collapse

We bought our RV through Craiglist.... We have also sold and traded a variety of vehicles through Craiglist... As others stated lots of pictures and full ad helps... Also if your area has a Thrifty Nickle or some other "free" classified paper, you may wish to try that... Many of them do allow pics now...