This Campgrond Was A Huge Mistake!!!!!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by tjmfish2, Jul 21, 2013.

1. tjmfish2

tjmfish2
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are in our final day at the overrated campground from Hell in Ninilchik , Alaska!!!! It was found in one of those online sites where the photos and info is old and misleading!!!!Please check out any place you choose to stay before you ever reserve site anywhere in state or country!!!They will all take your money with no sense of guilt, because they only get you there once as a victim!!!!!!!!!!The locals here are pretty rude!!!!BEWARE

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I think this should have been put in a review of the CG rather than in the forum.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, it would be better served in a full review. And it's difficult to "BEWARE" when we don't know which Ninilchik campground the OP is referring to...

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 22 2013, 07:50 AM) [snapback]34204[/snapback]

I think this should have been put in a review of the CG rather than in the forum.

As currently written, it would not be approved for posting. The isn't any information about the campground facilities.

5. Widget

Widget
    Expand Collapse

How about doing everyone a favor and posting a review? I find that most folks only post positive reviews which don't help. If it's awful let everyone know which ones to avoid. We were in Ninilchik about the same time as you and also had an awful experience. Curious to know if its the same park.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(Widget @ Aug 24 2013, 06:07 PM) [snapback]34527[/snapback]

I find that most folks only post positive reviews which don't help.

As one of the admins for this website, I can only speculate that you haven't read many of the reviews online here or maybe you've only been interested in nice campgrounds. I can assure you that there are plenty of negative reviews posted and, at times, it seems as if the primary role of the admins is to try to get reviewers to reduce the level of vitriol in them! :lol:

7. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tjmfish2 @ Jul 21 2013, 05:14 PM) [snapback]34194[/snapback]

My wife and I are in our final day at the overrated campground from Hell in Ninilchik , Alaska!!!! It was found in one of those online sites where the photos and info is old and misleading!!!!Please check out any place you choose to stay before you ever reserve site anywhere in state or country!!!They will all take your money with no sense of guilt, because they only get you there once as a victim!!!!!!!!!!The locals here are pretty rude!!!!BEWARE

Painting with a pretty broad brush, aren't you? Had a bad stay in some park in Ninilchik, Alaska and now you are saying campgrounds everywhere in the country are out to take your money and make you a victim. Of course most parks take your money with no sense of guilt, because they are offering you a service. They give you a site with the requisite hookups and amenities and you give them your money. Why should they feel guilty? In every industry there is a bad apple or two, it doesn't make all the other businesses in it bad as well.

8. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

If your review is the one I just read I agree that some of the problem was bad. However, I think you went overboard in your review. There were other reviews that you wrote that got a pretty good written review but bad ratings because of how it compared at other CG's. I have a feeling no one would make you happy unless it is a resort with practically free prices.

9. Fred1609

Fred1609
    Expand Collapse

I think the review was over the top because nothing went well at this CG and if you look at the first review you would think the CG was awesome and full of local charm. And I agree it was probably written by the CG owners buddy. I appreciated the review (if it is the same one others are looking at). The more info the better. And I think the reference to inaccurate info comes from the CG website not necessarily this sites review. But it does validate the need for continuing to submit reviews.

10. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

You got to love it - the OP joins July 21, posts one time on July 21, and if you look at their profile, was last online July 21

11. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(Widget @ Aug 24 2013, 06:07 PM) [snapback]34527[/snapback]

How about doing everyone a favor and posting a review? I find that most folks only post positive reviews which don't help.

Totally disagree with this, what better way than to keep away business from the bad campgrounds by posting positive reviews of the well run campgrounds. :)

Post many positive reviews myself.

Mike

12. CRL

CRL
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Aug 25 2013, 06:05 PM) [snapback]34548[/snapback]

You got to love it - the OP joins July 21, posts one time on July 21, and if you look at their profile, was last online July 21

Yup To bad pople (OP) post like that, It does no one any good.

13. Widget

Widget
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Aug 24 2013, 06:48 PM) [snapback]34532[/snapback]

As one of the admins for this website, I can only speculate that you haven't read many of the reviews online here or maybe you've only been interested in nice campgrounds. I can assure you that there are plenty of negative reviews posted and, at times, it seems as if the primary role of the admins is to try to get reviewers to reduce the level of vitriol in them! :lol:

My bad, I am an avid reader of this site and use it to locate good parks as a full timer. Imagine my disappointment when I pull in and the park is not what I imagined. As the reviews sometimes are older, things change and I am sure park owners have an "off" year. I will be writing my review of the park in Ninilchik where we experienced a very weird "vibe". Not sure if it is the same as the original poster, but how many bad parks can there be in one little village?

14. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Widget @ Sep 13 2013, 02:32 PM) [snapback]34783[/snapback]

My bad, I am an avid reader of this site and use it to locate good parks as a full timer. Imagine my disappointment when I pull in and the park is not what I imagined. As the reviews sometimes are older, things change and I am sure park owners have an "off" year. I will be writing my review of the park in Ninilchik where we experienced a very weird "vibe". Not sure if it is the same as the original poster, but how many bad parks can there be in one little village?

Widget> First welcome. I like your forum name. Is that for a software widget like weather, twitter, games, or just one of those non-specific, assembly line gadgets that no one has a name for. :)

I understand your frustration on finding decent campgrounds based on certain reviews of them. It's more or less like finding a good movie to watch. Everyone has their opinion of what is good or bad, but some reviewers concentrate their efforts on how good the popped corn was and that is of little value in picking a movie...or a campground.

As some of the more experienced RVers can validate, there is a certain talent in deciphering reviews to avoid what you called "my disappointment." You will eventually learn that talent. In the mean time, write you own reviews so they express good information about the facilities, amenities, and services offer by a campground. Those type reviews are what I value the most in order to pick a good campground.

15. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

I read a review today in which the reviewer said that he or she would never give a park a 10 unless it had a hand-held shower in the bathhouse. I can't imagine that he/she comes across many 10's, do you?

16. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Sep 13 2013, 08:47 PM) [snapback]34785[/snapback]

I read a review today in which the reviewer said that he or she would never give a park a 10 unless it had a hand-held shower in the bathhouse. I can't imagine that he/she comes across many 10's, do you?

If Kate Upton's hand was holding the shower head for me, I would probably rate the park a 10.

17. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Sep 16 2013, 01:43 PM) [snapback]34800[/snapback]

If Kate Upton's hand was holding the shower head for me, I would probably rate the park a 10.

I bet the guy never uses the showers at any campground. If he has his nose stuck up that high it would probably be beneath him to set foot in a bath house except to find something to complain about.

18. CurleyJo

CurleyJo
    Expand Collapse

I always try to write reviews on every campground or RV Park we go to. My problem now is I need to go to some I haven't been to! :D