Good Job!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DrLewie, Sep 26, 2013.

1. DrLewie

DrLewie
    Expand Collapse

I've been using RV Park Reviews as my primary search site for campgrounds as my wife and I travel around the country. I just realized on our current 3 month trip that I haven't even opened my Good Sam directory or gone to any other website to find a park. I've come to the realization that your site is all I need to find quality RV parks virtually anywhere in North America. Sure, sometimes an individual review containing personal preferences and biases doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of what other submissions say, but it isn't too difficult to read several reviews of a park and get a good idea of what we'll find when we get there.

Since I started using RV Park Reviews as my primary search engine for finding campgrounds we've only stayed in one park that didn't meet our standards, and that was because the park had been flooded since any reviews were posted and it frankly should have been closed until it got back into shape.

RV Park Reviews has become an essential tool in our RVing. Keep up the good work. :)

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I might suggest that you use Passport America also. You can then go to this site to check on quality of reviews. If you have a Smart phone, you can do it with their free app and then just go right to here from there. Really neat. No books to carry.

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

There are other places where one can research a campground selection. But, as the original poster said, it is the "primary search site." That's due to all the posters who take time to submit good reviews so that we fellow RVers can benefit from their experience and make the choice to use a campground..or not.

And to add one little bit of info, the site also has reviews for Canada and Mexico.

4. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I go here 1st and then other searches. I do use PA and check here for reviews. It is a great site.

5. GandJ

GandJ
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DrLewie @ Sep 26 2013, 09:05 AM) [snapback]34893[/snapback]

RV Park Reviews has become an essential tool in our RVing. Keep up the good work. :)

It's the same for us, although we could never express our appreciation as eloquently
    as you have. Nicely said and thoroughly seconded!

6. fourleaf

fourleaf
    Expand Collapse

Newbie to this site, found through thread on Tiffin site. I got so peeved with reviews from Good Sam, as most I tried I was very disappointed. I have posted my reviews of most recent places we have stayed and was fair in my judgment.
    Not to be snobbish but I expect to pay for quality, and I hate to get ripped for poor quality.
    Look forward to reviews. Just about to delete Good Sam's for everything, only saving grace is Campers World affiliation.

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(fourleaf @ Oct 6 2013, 08:53 PM) [snapback]34999[/snapback]

Look forward to reviews. Just about to delete Good Sam's for everything, only saving grace is Campers World affiliation.

I assume you realize that almost anything you can buy at Camping World can be purchased elsewhere for less. Try Amazon the next time you need something as basic as a replacement sewer hose; its prices were far lower than either CW or Walmart the last time I needed one. The same is true for many, many other items. I can't recall when I last bought much of anything at CW. The only reason we have the membership is to get the Good Sam discount at campgrounds.

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I think a lot of us use camping world for research and then use places like Amazon dot com for the actual purchase.

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Oct 7 2013, 08:03 PM) [snapback]35006[/snapback]

I assume you realize that almost anything you can buy at Camping World can be purchased elsewhere for less.

I respectfully disagree. CW is the place to find, all in one place, all of those doo-hickey, thing-a-ma-bob, whatcha-ma-callit, doo-dad, gismo, RV accessories that we can't do without and is intended to make our life on the road so much more pleasurable. As an example, the Acrylic Under Cabinet Stemware Rack that promises to give years of active service and enhances kitchen or home. It probably helps improve fuel mileage, too. Who would want to be without one? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum flourleaf.

10. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Oct 8 2013, 06:28 AM) [snapback]35009[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. CW is the place to find, all in one place, all of those doo-hickey, thing-a-ma-bob, whatcha-ma-callit, doo-dad, gismo, RV accessories that we can't do without and is intended to make our life on the road so much more pleasurable. As an example, the Acrylic Under Cabinet Stemware Rack that promises to give years of active service and enhances kitchen or home. It probably helps improve fuel mileage, too. Who would want to be without one? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum flourleaf.

Yep, we started out four years ago with all those doo-hickeys that we thought we couldn't live without and I'd estimate that 90% of them have been left behind at some point as we realized we could indeed live just fine without them.