Complains About Rvpr

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Desertthorn, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Oct 28 2013, 10:57 AM) [snapback]35149[/snapback]

I agree, the reviews should be posted exactly as they are submitted. Using the examples provided by texasrvers I would be able to avoid several parks where the customers are obviously illiterate idiots. Who wants a neighbor who couldn't pass a 3rd grade English class? :D

Some of these "neighbors" could be at any park. It would be better to focus on the review of the park and not the reviewer. When I look for information on a park I want to know information on the facilities, amenities, and services provided. That can include complaints about conditions and services, but not to the exclusion of what else is at the park in the first place.

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Real simple solution to this issue, you don't like that way this site runs, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Did I make that clear enough? I for one think the way it is run and handled is exactly how I like it. Clear and pointed reviews written so I can understand, and if someone had a problem with a manager/owner or any employee at the campground, Oh well. State in your review you felt management was not friendly, or hard to deal with or whatever, but I don't care what the cause was, in your opinion. As with this forum I see some attitudes that would make me if I was a manager of a campground shake my head and wonder what is wrong with that guy. You have every right to vote with your feet, go somewhere else. Of course this is my opinion and I'm sticking with it. To the management of this site, Thank You for all the hard work you put in and your doing an outstanding job.

3. dodge guy

dodge guy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Oct 28 2013, 09:29 AM) [snapback]35148[/snapback]

If they have not "excepted" a negative review, then it would be posted. If they have not "accepted" a negative review, then it would not be posted.

Sound like Texasrvers's point has been accepted without exception.

OH good, you were able to pick up on it. sometimes a word slips through which to me is no big deal! when the whole post is as posted above, I think we as members, reviewers and visitors are able to figure out which posts are a joke.

As far as giving examples, I can`t because they have been edited or not posted!

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 29 2013, 07:33 AM) [snapback]35161[/snapback]

You seem to be the only one that has a problem with that. I, for one, am very thankful that they don't post some of what they receive. Posts written by someone that never saw a spelling or grammar book, people that are obviously being vindictive, and people that rant over something that no one else has a problem with in all their postings.

5. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 29 2013, 08:33 AM) [snapback]35161[/snapback]

OH good, you were able to pick up on it. sometimes a word slips through which to me is no big deal! when the whole post is as posted above, I think we as members, reviewers and visitors are able to figure out which posts are a joke.

So why, on another forum, did you complain that they gave you a story that your spelling wasn't so good, and you said you considered yourself an excellent speller?

6. dodge guy

dodge guy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Oct 30 2013, 10:36 AM) [snapback]35172[/snapback]

So why, on another forum, did you complain that they gave you a story that your spelling wasn't so good, and you said you considered yourself an excellent speller?

Because I spell checked even after I proof read it. and they still gave me a story. I don`t know why it`s so hard to see. I have no real problem with it, but just tell me the truth instead of giving me a story about something I know better of!

7. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 30 2013, 01:15 PM) [snapback]35174[/snapback]

Because I spell checked even after I proof read it. and they still gave me a story. I don`t know why it`s so hard to see. I have no real problem with it, but just tell me the truth instead of giving me a story about something I know better of!

Just to throw some gas onto the flames.......traditionally a new sentence starts with a capitalized letter on the first word and generally sentences don't start with "and" or "because". Proof reading and the use of a spell checker doesn't always appear to work either.

I for one, am pleased to see the Admins do their due diligence, checking submissions and making slight corrections where necessary or sending them back to the author for a re-write.

8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 26 2013, 08:35 PM) [snapback]35126[/snapback]

Yes, but something has changed in the past 6 months or so, and there are alot of us that have noticed! Yes the rules are always there, but sometimes they are followed and still no posted review shows up. I hope this isn't a sign of the future. I like to read unedited reviews even if they are a year old because it shows te background of a campground. There are campgrounds that continuously have the same complaint over a couple of years. If it is going to be a trend i want me to be the one to decide. Not someone who doesn't know what i am looking for.

Dodge guy, you seem to be one of the very few who have a problem with this site, so I will reiterate another post that there are many sites providing reviews, so chose another one. If you do, you will find websites that are lacking the amount of campgrounds of this site, and the number of reviews per site.

Do some checking: check the listings for national parks, do they list each campground in the park seperatly, or are they all lumped together? This site has taken the time to break them all out, and they will be working on the state parks some time in the future.
    Does the website haves hidden agenda? I checked one large site, and most of the RV parks with reviews were Good Sam parks. Nothing against good Sam, but the reviews were skewed to them.
    Check to see if they list small park as well as the more visited ones?

My point is, this is by far the best location to find campground and RV park information with the best search tool and the most comprehensive reviews you will find. If a few reviews get rejected due to certain issues, its just to keep the quality of this site high. The review can always be edited and re-submitted to meet the requirements.

9. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 30 2013, 03:15 PM) [snapback]35174[/snapback]

Eye can sea, and eye here what ewe our saying. Eye put this threw spell Czech, and know errors.

10. willranless

willranless
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Oct 31 2013, 07:18 AM) [snapback]35182[/snapback]

Eye can sea, and eye here what ewe our saying. Eye put this threw spell Czech, and know errors.

Aye can't stop laughing at this won :lol:

11. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you need to become a Ford guy? lol

QUOTE(dodge guy @ Oct 27 2013, 11:34 PM) [snapback]35143[/snapback]

Completely missing the point!

I`m done

12. rkw99

rkw99
    Expand Collapse

I also find the reviews here a little vague and dry. I tried to post reviews that were rejected because I put a line in about my family composition. Personally I like to know a little bit about where the writer is coming from. A park that may be suitable for full timers travelling without kids might not be for me and my young family. This site is entitled to be formatted how those who run it wish. So I just use this as one of many resources for researching my trips. I am finding reviews and posting reviews for campgrounds on Tripadvisor and Yelp that are more colorful to suit my needs.

13. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(rkw99 @ Nov 1 2013, 08:16 AM) [snapback]35200[/snapback]

I also find the reviews here a little vague and dry. I tried to post reviews that were rejected because I put a line in about my family composition. Personally I like to know a little bit about where the writer is coming from. A park that may be suitable for full timers travelling without kids might not be for me and my young family. This site is entitled to be formatted how those who run it wish. So I just use this as one of many resources for researching my trips. I am finding reviews and posting reviews for campgrounds on Tripadvisor and Yelp that are more colorful to suit my needs.

When you submit a review there is a box you can fill in whether it is family friendly or not. When you read the campground accommodations information that is something you can look at when searching for a suitable campground.