Scot Toilet Paper

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by JohnTucson, Nov 21, 2013.

1. JohnTucson

JohnTucson
    Expand Collapse

Just thought I'd pass this on. I just spent a few hours cleaning and flushing out my clogged black water pipe, caused by using Scot brand t.p. It had been clogged for days. I assure you the paper package specifically says "quick dissolve" and "Made for RV and marine applications". In fact, it's neither.

Don't remember where I bought it, exactly. I think it was a variety-type store. But it wasn't a regular RV supply store.

From now on, you can bet I'll stick to the standard RV t.p.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but single-ply Scott tissue is used by many RVers with no problems. In fact we went back to using it after the formulation of Angel Soft changed and it didn't break apart as quickly. It is important to always have lots of water in the toilet bowl when you flush and never leave the black tank drain valve open except when you intend to dump the tank.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We also recently had a problem of this nature, and we were using the HEB (Texas grocery store) brand. To get our "clog" moving, we dumped a bag of ice into the toilet and then drove for the day. That evening everything came out just fine--but we are not going to use HEB tp in the MH again. We've used Scot in the past with no trouble.

5. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Never had any problem with any paper. I buy what's cheap (as long as it is also soft). Sounds like you didn't use enough water.

6. hoefler

hoefler
    Expand Collapse

We have been using Scott's for years, decades to be more specific. Last winter we were living in or fifth wheel while we built the new house. Had to use a macerator pump to dispose of or black tank. had to pump it 220', next door to the in laws septic. Wife bought something else, I think it was WalMart brand. Needless to say, it clogged the pump. That was fun cleaning out. The Scott's is all we will ever use, it has yet to be a problem in the RV or any of the septic systems we have owned.

7. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We switched over to the Scotts this summer; I'm tired of paying a fortune for those small RV rolls. I did the water test first and it looked pretty good to me. Didn't have any trouble at all, but then we use LOTS of water as we don't ever boondock.

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Did you do the water test before or after using it?

9. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

Another vote for Scott's. All we ever used.

10. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

We stopped the frustration years ago. If it is not biological, is goes into the conveniently placed wastebasket.
    Can use any ply, any brand...even baby-wipes!!!
    B)

11. fanofrvn

fanofrvn
    Expand Collapse

We use the up and up brand by target, have been for years with no problems, it passed our water test.

12. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Nov 29 2013, 02:23 PM) [snapback]35368[/snapback]

We stopped the frustration years ago. If it is not biological, is goes into the conveniently placed wastebasket.
    Can use any ply, any brand...even baby-wipes!!!
    B)

Same for us. Had a friend with a sign on his boat ( Marine toilet ) If it hasn't been eaten it doesn't go down here.