Dogs At Assateague State Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ontariogirl, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ontariogirl

ontariogirl
    Expand Collapse

We would love to camp at Assateague State park, but have a dog. I noticed a couple loops now allow dogs. Has anyone brought their dog there? I don't know whether to book the State or National park. help! Thanks! :rolleyes:

2. VtLee

VtLee
    Expand Collapse

If you want electric you have to stay at the State Park. We always stay at the National park on the bayside. It is a wonderful place if you like to relax. The sites are large and you park on pavement so it is easy to keep the sand out.

3. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(ontariogirl @ Jan 3 2014, 02:25 PM) [snapback]35491[/snapback]
    We would love to camp at Assateague State park, but have a dog. I noticed a couple loops now allow dogs. Has anyone brought their dog there? I don't know whether to book the State or National park. help! Thanks! :rolleyes:

The state park, as far as I know, do not allow dogs. It's been a couple years since we have been there, however. The national park does allow dogs. It is dry camping. On the bay side, they do allow gennies at certain times. We camped on the ocean side.

I was wrong. The state park does allow dog now in certain area and in certain loops. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eas...aguecamping.asp