Reviews Not Published

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by johnhicks, Jan 18, 2014.

1. johnhicks

johnhicks
    Expand Collapse

Howdy!

I've submitted several reviews in the past couple of months and I've not received boo. Not published, no rejection, no rewrite, nothing at all. What gives?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Our records show that you have submitted only one review. The reason it has not been posted is because we require that reviewers submit 3 reviews for different parks before any one of them is published. However, even if you submit more reviews, this one will not be posted because our website is for posting reviews which tell about the campsites and facilities at a park/campground. The comments you have made do not do this. In the future if you submit reviews that describe the park and tell about its facilities and amenities, we will be glad to post your reviews.

3. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Since your rant isn't going to see the light of day here, post it on rv.net. It is the slow season, so rants are eagerly awaited.

4. johnhicks

johnhicks
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jan 19 2014, 01:09 PM) [snapback]35584[/snapback]

Since your rant isn't going to see the light of day here, post it on rv.net. It is the slow season, so rants are eagerly awaited.

No, no rant. :D
    Three reviews submitted which _do_ review facilities, what works and is level or not plus where supplies can be obtained if appropriate. I've given up and just post the cg reviews on my blog.

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(johnhicks @ Jan 19 2014, 04:16 PM) [snapback]35588[/snapback]

Three reviews submitted which _do_ review facilities, what works and is level or not plus where supplies can be obtained if appropriate. I've given up and just post the cg reviews on my blog.

Were your previous reviews all submitted under your current user name?

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(johnhicks @ Jan 19 2014, 03:16 PM) [snapback]35588[/snapback]

No, no rant. :D

True; the review was not a rant (I never said it was), but it did not contain any details about the park.

The curious thing is that I really cannot find more than one review that was submitted, so I ask the same question as Dutch: Did you use a different name? Also if you will use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of each page and give us the names of the other parks you reviewed, we can do some more checking to try to locate your reviews.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jan 19 2014, 01:09 PM) [snapback]35584[/snapback]

That's just to funny!! :D

Mike

8. johnhicks

johnhicks
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jan 19 2014, 08:16 PM) [snapback]35593[/snapback]

True; the review was not a rant (I never said it was), but it did not contain any details about the park.

The curious thing is that I really cannot find more than one review that was submitted, so I ask the same question as Dutch: Did you use a different name? Also if you will use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of each page and give us the names of the other parks you reviewed, we can do some more checking to try to locate your reviews.

No not a different name. I reviewed Ho Hum in Carrabelle, Fla., Holiday Campground in Panacea (Ochlokonee Bay) Fla. and Myron B. Hodge City Park in Sopchoppy, Fla. Two of the three had previously been reviewed by others. Since they're so far off the beaten path I did feel it appropriate to mention what goods or services could be found right nearby. Thanks!

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I checked on the three reviews you mentioned in your last post, and I cannot find where we ever received any of them. When you submit a review you should get a “Thank youâ€￾ screen at the end. If that screen does not appear, then the review was not sent. Do you remember seeing that?

At this point I cannot say what happened, and my best suggestion is that you send in the reviews again. Just keep in mind that we do not accept any that are over 6 months old. Otherwise we will be glad to post your reviews.

I am sorry you had this trouble posting your reviews, and please let us know if you have any further problems.

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

John Hicks: This is a noncommercial RVer run site and it is all volunteer. They make every effort to get things right, so please give them a chance to make things right. We need as many reviews as possible as a help to other RVers. I have reviewed Ho Hum park myself. The problems they have is cheating RV owners writing good reviews of their parks and bad reviews on their competitions. They have the 3 review rule to try to stop it. Good Luck.

11. dodge guy

dodge guy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(johnhicks @ Jan 21 2014, 04:43 PM) [snapback]35602[/snapback]

No not a different name. I reviewed Ho Hum in Carrabelle, Fla., Holiday Campground in Panacea (Ochlokonee Bay) Fla. and Myron B. Hodge City Park in Sopchoppy, Fla. Two of the three had previously been reviewed by others. Since they're so far off the beaten path I did feel it appropriate to mention what goods or services could be found right nearby. Thanks!

I think that may be the issue. thinking back I had a few that didn`t go through and thought there was some type of issue with the site. after thinking about it I may have missed a check box for $$$ per nite or some such thing. if you don`t see the "thank you" screen then you may have missed a box which is very easy to do.

12. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

It appears that the moderator (Texasrvers) and John Hicks can work together to solve this issue on their own.