The "General Chat" forum

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody!
    We have created this forum for those of you that wish to discuss "Off Topic" things other than something about particular campgrounds or campgrounds in general. Please still post those topics pertaining to RV Parks & Camprounds in the other forum.
    We still reserve the right to delete and "objectionable" posts made in this forum so again lets all get along and have fun camping! :rolleyes:

2. jjandpop

jjandpop
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 10 2005, 03:16 PM) [snapback]3071[/snapback]

Hi everybody!
    We have created this forum for those of you that wish to discuss "Off Topic" things other than something about particular campgrounds or campgrounds in general. Please still post those topics pertaining to RV Parks & Camprounds in the other forum.
    We still reserve the right to delete and "objectionable" posts made in this forum so again lets all get along and have fun camping! :rolleyes:

Would this be a good place to post concerns about a motorhome that was fabricated to support a handicapped passenger that I would like to sell to someone that could really use it. I am about to remove the wheelchair lift and other items that make this RV special. I don't want to cheat someone that needs this type of RV and has to pay out big $$ to have it fabricated for them??

Jim

3. Dina

Dina
    Expand Collapse

Or would this be the place to warn campers about the nightmares some people have had with their new trailers that were commissioned by FEMA for residences after Katrina. The guy beside us last week had leaks in the roof at the corners, which have cupboards and they didn't find out until they went to get out some blankets that were stored there. They had gotten soaked in rains at least a week or two before because everything was covered in mould. Also, the shower downspout was not connected to anything-no hole-nothing. So every shower just drained between the floor (plywood?) and the flooring.
    Fortunately they had purchased from a reputable dealer, who told them to "bring it in" (sorry can't report on what happened after that). The dealer also told them this spring he has been indundated with problems from the FEMA trailers they sold last fall.

4. jkc40

jkc40
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 10 2005, 02:16 PM) [snapback]3071[/snapback]

Hi everybody!

How can I edit or even delete my review of a campground? I am having second thoughts about some things that I wrote.

5. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jkc40 @ Jun 10 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]7262[/snapback]

How can I edit or even delete my review of a campground? I am having second thoughts about some things that I wrote.

I'd like to know the answer to that, also. I thought of something I wanted to add to my review but couldn't find a way to do it so I just posted it like a new review.

6. dockdev

dockdev
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 10 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]3071[/snapback]

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this whole scene and I'm not sure this is where I would ask this question...but..we are thinking about becoming full-time RVer's. We have our home up for sale and now I'm having second thoughts, can anyone help me out?

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello dockdev and welcome aboard! You are amongst friends here.
    We've been fulltiming for 15 months. Yes it took some stones to sell the house...however the relief was incredible. We'd camped for years...but always had to come home.

Like you (?) we were not sure if we'd 'take' to this lifestyle so... hedged the bet. Stored the nice frige, washer, dryer, monster TV...other stuff that would make re-setting up a stick home pretty easy.

What part of the country are you currently?
    We wanted to see a bit more of the US...reassess where we wanted to live and work.

Technology has made fulltiming smoother: you have a choice as to how far off-the-grid you want to be. Can take your satellite TV, computer, cel phones. You didn't mention in your message: do you already have an RV?

What are your concerns? :unsure:

8. dockdev

dockdev
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Mar 9 2008, 07:21 PM) [snapback]10614[/snapback]

Hello dockdev and welcome aboard! You are amongst friends here.
    We've been fulltiming for 15 months. Yes it took some stones to sell the house...however the relief was incredible. We'd camped for years...but always had to come home.

Like you (?) we were not sure if we'd 'take' to this lifestyle so... hedged the bet. Stored the nice frige, washer, dryer, monster TV...other stuff that would make re-setting up a stick home pretty easy.

What part of the country are you currently?
    We wanted to see a bit more of the US...reassess where we wanted to live and work.

Technology has made fulltiming smoother: you have a choice as to how far off-the-grid you want to be. Can take your satellite TV, computer, cel phones. You didn't mention in your message: do you already have an RV?

What are your concerns? :unsure:

Thanks for responding, we live in a cabin between Cheyenne and Laramie Wyoming.......wind, wind, wind! lol All of our kids are in Colorado, which is where we would park for extended periods of time.......Are you finding that gas prices are putting a damper on your travels? What kind of RV do you have....we have the cabin up for sale and would shop for maybe a toy hauler. Not sure yet....I'm not crazy about the living quarters in a toy hauler altho I'd very much miss the 4 wheeler, paddle boat ect......If we did get a fifth wheel, can you get screens that attach to your awning? If you do take a computer, would a laptop be better to have? Are you guys ready to settle down or will you keep RVing? I would think that storing would be the smartest way to go.....in case you want to quit.

The place I have found that was very beautiful was Payson Arizona, east of Flagstaff in the White Mountains, and Senoma Arizona, just a skip south of Flagstaff, we haven't traveled very many places.

Another question, if I am a massage therapist, will I be able to work at my camp site?

Thanks so much for emailing us back...It's great to correspond with someone that is already RVing, thanks again.......

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

You will find ALL kinds of RV'ers and just about as many RV, 5th Wheel, Trailers and Toy Haulers, screens and outdoor rooms... ;)

If you have the time (perhaps while your home is in escrow ?) rent a couple different styles of RVs to get the feel of driving, setting up/breaking down and just plain liveability.

Weekend camping = no big deal to monkey around with leveling blocks and hand cranking everything from the awnings to the supports. Living full-time in a rig takes on an entirely different perspective. We traded in a nice little Class C for our current Class A with couple slide-outs. More wiggle room. We tow a little Honda for all the side trips as it's a gas-sipper.

Let not get started on fuel prices. Plenty of other threads here devoted to that mess.
    Can't answer if we'll ever 'settle down' again. No rush to decide...still basking in our freedom to explore and wander. :p

Every campground/RV park is slightly unique. Bit like towns in miniature. Host/owner is the town mayor and sheriff. Each one has a different personality. Check out the park reviews on this site for those Arizona cities you would like to visit.

As for setting up a massage parlor... :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Check out www.irv2.com for another bunch of friendly folks who RV.
    Relax and try it...we're sure glad we took the plunge. B)
    Cheers!

10. NandFamily

NandFamily
    Expand Collapse

I recently used the wrong name of a state park during a review. LOL, it just happened. I contacted the web master via-email and stated the problem. I sent the correct information in a reply to them at their request to get it fixed. Odds are you could do the same. :D

11. lbrachfeld

lbrachfeld
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know a way to edit or re write a review ? I spoke to soon about a highly rated park in Texas that has a "We are not responsible" attitude when it comes to "Lawn Day" and the big smiles turned to sharp teeth quickly.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

In all honesty unless your review contains a really big mistake I don't think they get changed after they are posted.

13. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I've had the same problem, I send in a review, then I have the "oops, I should have mentioned this other thing" issue.....

You just have to learn to wait a few days before you send in the review.

JJ

14. full timing fools

full timing fools
    Expand Collapse

In the winter months how can you keep mold out of your rv.

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

full timing fools,

It would be better if you posted this as a new topic down below in the main section of topics. I think you would get more responses there.

16. FPguy

FPguy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jkc40 @ Jun 10 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]7262[/snapback]

I stayed at a nice park in CT a couple weeks back. I have the unpleasant privliage of being near a couple from Oaklahoma. This old guy swore at his wife the kids working there and the owner. Then said he was going to write a nasty review about the place. If you hate camping so much and all campgrounds in the north east, try hotels. Common sense goes a long way common courtesy goes even longer.

Banditoman60 likes this.
  17. FPguy

FPguy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 10 2005, 11:16 AM) [snapback]3071[/snapback]

Hi everybody!

I stayed at a nice park in CT a couple weeks back. I have the unpleasant privliage of being near a couple from Oaklahoma. This old guy swore at his wife the kids working there and the owner. Then said he was going to write a nasty review about the place. If you hate camping so much and all campgrounds in the north east, try hotels. Common sense goes a long way common courtesy goes even longer.

18. rontrem

rontrem
    Expand Collapse

How long do reviews stay posted? I think I submitted some reviews that are now gone?
    r0n…………..

19. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The time a review may stay here could be a long time or short time. If a park only has a small number of reviews = long time, if park has lots of reviews per week = shorter time.

20. seashell777

seashell777
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 10 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]3071[/snapback]

Hi everybody!

Does anyone know the legal way to be told to leave from an rv park when your rent has been paid..can they give you less that 24 hour notice?