Deferred Reviews

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by John S., Apr 19, 2014.

1. Andy R

Andy R
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks Ed!

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 19 2014, 05:54 PM) [snapback]36201[/snapback]

The only complaints I have seen are from people that are new here and didn't bother to read the rules first and then come and complain about that. IMHO this is the best ratings site out there.

I recently worked for a park that would get all hung up over comments on Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor has NO STANDARDS. I kept telling them not to get hung up over Trip Advisor. The SERIOUS RV travelers use this web site.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Apr 24 2014, 06:55 PM) [snapback]36321[/snapback]

I recently worked for a park that would get all hung up over comments on Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor has NO STANDARDS. I kept telling them not to get hung up over Trip Advisor. The SERIOUS RV travelers use this web site.

Even though I don't use TripAdvisor for RV Park Reviews, we do use it quite a bit for "Things to do" and restaurants. Despite the repeated criticism of that site on this forum, we have yet to be disappointed by places we have selected in either of those two categories. I recognize that there have been accusations of false reviews, but maybe those are less likely in the "things to do" section and we probably don't patronize fancy enough restaurants to encounter those that would either plant false favorable reviews or be harmed by false negatives.

As for the language of the reviews, I find nothing objectionable in those that I have read. I read them the same way I do with RVPR, I look for the average sentiment of the reviews posted. I am more concerned about restaurants that have a large number of negatives than I am with those that have but a few. Everyone ticks someone off once in a while!