Repair Service Reviews?

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by MaineDon, May 22, 2014.

1. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We are stranded for the third occasion, this time in Odessa Texas, on our trip home from Scottsdale to the coast of Maine. This has been due to the unprofessional service we received when we had our 5th wheel checked out/repaired by a firm in Mesa, AZ, before leaving. A few highlights here....they had our 5'er for 9 days, having told us it would be ready in 1-2. 20 minutes before taking it to their lot, our slide out was working fine. Eight days later when we called to see how they were doing, were told it would be ready at noon the next day. Picking it up, the staff seemed very interested in when we were leaving (e.g., that afternoon or the next day). Upon taking it home, we tried to open the slide only to learn that it was jammed. An inquiry to the repair shop yielded an admission that, "Yes, we knew the slide was not working properly....we had to jiggle some wires to get it in." And they went on to say that if we wanted to use the slide, we should just "jiggle the control wire." Really? On a cross country tip from AZ to Maine? We requested that they come out and get the slide working properly and , $800 later, it seemed to be working. They also had checked the brakes and had replaced all four brake plates, as well as lubed the bearings. So we take off on day #1, pulling into Deming, New Mexico, with smoke pouring out of two wheels. Both bearings, and the spindle on the front axle, were ruined. Why? Because our "crack" repair staff in Mesa had set the brakes way too tight, causing the bearings and axle to go. So, $1800 later, with a rebuilt axle and new bearings, we take off again. This time making it to Odessa, TX. We go to open the slide and, once again, it will move only 3 inches (same as before). So here I sit, waiting for replacement parts for the slide (at $800++) to be flown in from Indiana. And then there is half the work that the Mesa crew was supposed to have done that we are learning now that we are on the road wasn't completed. Plus, almost 2 full weeks of reservations made across the country that we've had to cancel (getting about 50% of our money back in each case).

So there's my rant. Here's my question. Where can I submit a review of this Mesa business? The RV Repair website listed in an earlier thread no longer seems to be active? Given our experience, people need to be warned about this business.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The only site I'm aware of for posting reviews of RV service is, I believe, the one you already mentioned: RVServiceReviews The last time I checked (about 6 months ago), they were still in business, but, admittedly, the number of reviews on that site is small compared to the number of reviews of RV parks on this site.

3. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Wow ! What a mess. The rv repair site does leave a lot to be disired but I would post this message there just in case. Competent repair people are hard to find. Fortunetaly in my case I was an auto mech for 30 years. Thereb is no excuse for what you are going through. I usually ask around at the park I am in if I need someone to repair something.

4. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I too like rvservicereviews. Just wish more people who put down what they think of repair places like they do on RV parks on here.

Maybe another place is Good Sam Club. They have people who contact the RV repair place and try to get some if all your money back. It's call Action Line. Not sure if you have to be a member or not. Could call them and ask. 1-866-205-7451. Available 24/7.

Contact Action Line by sending an email to actionline@goodsamclub.com or by writing to Good Sam Action Line, P.O. Box 90020, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42102-9020. Please include a brief letter of explanation and if applicable, copies of receipts or other pertinent records.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

5. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Nolan @ May 23 2014, 11:03 AM) [snapback]36699[/snapback]

I too like rvservicereviews. Just wish more people who put down what they think of repair places like they do on RV parks on here.

Maybe another place is Good Sam Club. They have people who contact the RV repair place and try to get some if all your money back. It's call Action Line. Not sure if you have to be a member or not. Could call them and ask. 1-866-205-7451. Available 24/7.

Contact Action Line by sending an email to actionline@goodsamclub.com or by writing to Good Sam Action Line, P.O. Box 90020, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42102-9020. Please include a brief letter of explanation and if applicable, copies of receipts or other pertinent records.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

6. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, guys, for your suggestions and support. After all of this, we just want to get home. We've decided to just anchor/strap the slide in, and head for Maine. Motels all the way. In RV repairs alone, we already have in excess of $5000 spent since May 15. And that doesn't include this latest round that has done nothing for us....we learned this noon that the slide part that was ordered on our behalf is not the one we need. Thank you Good Sam Club Platinum Road Service! This probably is our last RV excursion. We can't afford this anymore, and my wife is completely and totally fed up w/RV repair issues. Nor can we overlook the unprofessional, uninformed, and dishonest behavior of some of the the repair people who we have dealt with in the past 3-4 weeks. I appreciate your advice and support. This has always been a good forum. MaineDon