Review Not Posted

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Kerry123, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I didn't come here to " join " another R/V discussion forum. I belong to too many already... nor come here to get into a pissing match with other members. I did come here looking to read and contribute honest....current...uncensored.... R/V campground reviews to help us and others while traveling. I assumed by the title of this site I have found it....but evidently I'm wrong. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Dutch.......THANK YOU ....I do have an extremely nice carefree life. :D

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(tiffinman @ May 31 2014, 04:57 PM) [snapback]36767[/snapback]

Let me ask a crazy question. I belong to quite a few R/V forums and all post are instantly posted to a board....NO wait time

If you are referring to forum posts (not reviews), they are posted instantly unless our filters catch a problem. Then the posts are checked by an admin.

Why do ALL your reviews have to be censored BEFORE being posted ??????? Why not have curse word filters like all other forums .....and let the members post ????

I just don't understand .

I also think that what we do is not censorship, but members have asked in the past why we don't post the reviews just like we receive them. I can show you exactly why. Look up the thread titled "Complains About Rvpr." It is located about half way down on the second page of the RV Park Discussions Forum. Go down to post #11 to see some actual reviews that we received. None of these contained curse words so filters would not have caught them; however, these are not the kind of reviews that best serve our members, and that is why we need to check what comes in.

By the way, I see your reviews made it to the top of the queue and were posted late yesterday and early today. Since they were submitted on 5/29 (3 days ago) and since there were over 250 reviews in the queue before them, do the math; that means we worked an average of around 80 reviews per day over that time period. And actually because of the actual time you submitted your reviews and the actual time the first one was posted, it is more like we had them for about 48 hours instead of 3 days--but who's counting?

3. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

Hey Tex.....Thanks for all your hard work to get 2 of my 3 reviews posted. I will assume my 3rd review is still in the hands of the queue police and will be released soon. I truly appreciate all you do for this site and its members.

The other night I spent quite some time reading over 26 pages in one folder and 5 pages in another folder ...plus others ....filled with excuses and explanations on how it works.....so now I don't feel alone.

It also brought back to memory of an employee I had many years ago....that would rather spend 1 hour explaining why he could NOT do a task .....then take 15 minutes to DO the task......I need to try and forget all that now though. :)

Safe travels to all...........

4. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tiffinman @ Jun 2 2014, 11:25 AM) [snapback]36794[/snapback]

Hey Tex.....Thanks for all your hard work to get 2 of my 3 reviews posted. I will assume my 3rd review is still in the hands of the queue police and will be released soon. I truly appreciate all you do for this site and its members.

The other night I spent quite some time reading over 26 pages in one folder and 5 pages in another folder ...plus others ....filled with excuses and explanations on how it works.....so now I don't feel alone.

It also brought back to memory of an employee I had many years ago....that would rather spend 1 hour explaining why he could NOT do a task .....then take 15 minutes to DO the task......I need to try and forget all that now though. :)

Safe travels to all...........

Perhaps you will now do all of us a favor and move on to a site that better serves your sensibilities. Most of us here appreciate the site and the work they do, all for the very low price of zero dollars and zero cents. At that rate of pay, I sure wouldn't endure all the insults and innuendo you have heaped upon the people that run this show. I would have just punched the delete button and moved on. I guess if your reviews are so important to you, you are lucky this site's staff has a higher tolerance for bad behavior than I do.

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

It is always a positive to have those with minority opinions as part of a group. And when expressed respectfully, they should always be considered and respected.

But considering another forum post about the review backlog, I am wondering if TexasRVers and the other Admin's time could be better spent. That would be in approving and posting our reviews rather than having to take the time and courtesy to explain, more than once, the common sense, posted Rules for getting a review approved. The end goal of which is to help fellow RVers have good information in order to find a decent campground.

6. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jun 2 2014, 03:07 PM) [snapback]36796[/snapback]

Perhaps you will now do all of us a favor and move on to a site that better serves your sensibilities. Most of us here appreciate the site and the work they do, all for the very low price of zero dollars and zero cents. At that rate of pay, I sure wouldn't endure all the insults and innuendo you have heaped upon the people that run this show. I would have just punched the delete button and moved on. I guess if your reviews are so important to you, you are lucky this site's staff has a higher tolerance for bad behavior than I do.

AMEN!!!!

7. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jun 2 2014, 02:07 PM) [snapback]36796[/snapback]

kcmoedoe.......SORRY.... if I offended you by expressing how I feel about something ....or calling it the way I see it. That's just the way I am and always will be. I was just NEVER good at sticking my head in the sand and thinking everything is rosie. My reviews are just as important as yours....no more ....no less. I was not trying to insult anyone and if it was taken that way I apologize.

Have a nice day......

8. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

OK folks... We are going to close this thread and move on. The site team works hard to be friendly, transparent and fair; they take complaints seriously and work to address them. If you need further clarification about this specific issue please shoot me a PM. Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.