Attention Winter Texans

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by CB2, Jul 14, 2014.

1. CB2

CB2
    Expand Collapse

This is an alert for anyone passing through George West Texas on thier way to or from "The Rio Grand Valley". This little town delights in issuing speeding tickets to winter Texans. Even to the tune of 2-3 mph over the limit. It happened to me last March. I was pulled over and the officer ask for my License and registration. He did not tell me why he pulled me over. Took my liicense back to the patrol car. In this case it was a SUV. Came back with a ticket already written with no questions asked. Totaly unprofessional. At this point you have the ticket on your license period. The system seems to be that they know you are not going to come back for court (live to far away) so you are forced to pay the fine...... I'm not the first to have this happen. Ive spoke to others with a similar story. Just be aware and or do not pass through or stop in George West Texas.

2. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CB2 @ Jul 14 2014, 02:13 PM) [snapback]37269[/snapback]

This is an alert for anyone passing through George West Texas on thier way to or from "The Rio Grand Valley". This little town delights in issuing speeding tickets to winter Texans. Even to the tune of 2-3 mph over the limit. It happened to me last March. I was pulled over and the officer ask for my License and registration. He did not tell me why he pulled me over. Took my liicense back to the patrol car. In this case it was a SUV. Came back with a ticket already written with no questions asked. Totaly unprofessional. At this point you have the ticket on your license period. The system seems to be that they know you are not going to come back for court (live to far away) so you are forced to pay the fine...... I'm not the first to have this happen. Ive spoke to others with a similar story. Just be aware and or do not pass through or stop in George West Texas.

You have the right to know why you are being stopped and why you need to hand over your licence before handing it over.

3. WVA3185

WVA3185
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CB2 @ Jul 14 2014, 12:13 PM) [snapback]37269[/snapback]

Check with you home DMV. I suspect you will find that it was never reported to your home DMV. I got a ticket in stop sign town in SC and posted a $200 bond. It was never reported to my home DMV. No points ever added to my license.

Scott D Field likes this.
  4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

It isn't just Texas. Small towns in every state have lots of speed traps. There is even a website you can go to that lists them for you. http://www.speedtrap.org/

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I've heard very similar stories about Van Horn TX

6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(docj @ Jul 15 2014, 08:52 PM) [snapback]37289[/snapback]

I've heard very similar stories about Van Horn TX

Yes, I have also heard horror stories about Van Horn, TX. They like to issue tickets to people who park on private land including the Pilot truck stop which usually welcome Rvers.

7. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I had a Colorado State trooper pull me over near Salida. I had passed a car with our car. Pulled in looked down and was doing 72 in a 65 mph zone. Slowed back down to 65 mph and hit the resume cruise button. Got pulled over the state trooper asked where were we coming from and where were we going. Then told me I was doing 86 in a 65. I was shocked. Knew right off that was incorrect. Told him so. Didn't matter, got the ticket. Being from out of state and leaving the area in a few days, knew that was why the speed amount was that high. Be careful they are out there.