Thankful We Are All So Different

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Happy Camper X2, Jul 20, 2014.

1. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, double posting here

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 26 2014, 07:25 PM) [snapback]37475[/snapback]

I'm sure I will get a bad review from some folks here. The man had 4 empty bottles of beer at the pool. I went over and reminded him we don't allow alcohol or glass at the pool. He got up, took his bottles home and came back with a bag of fresh ones. I told him again about the rule. I looked over about 15 minutes later and he had the bottle of beer in the pool with him. I made him leave the pool area completely. His comment to me was, "well my family are the only ones at the pool so what difference does it make?" Then his 18 year old son got angry and spewed all kinds of vulgarity at me while the mother stood beside him and said nothing. The mother lied to me about when the kids were leaving and their ages, the kids used our bathhouse and refused to flush, dropped sunflower hulls all around the concrete at the pool. The mother even allowed the boy and his 16 year old girlfriend to go to the shower house and shower together with no regard for anyone else. I know they use the review boards and I'm sure I'll get blasted for insisting the rules apply to everyone at all times.

I'm surprised you didn't just ask him to leave. I would think you had every justification for doing so.

3. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised you just didn't call the police.

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

The sheriff's department here is a joke. The family's truck is broken down and they can't pull their 5th wheel out. Fortunately the kids are gone and I'm telling them tomorrow they will have to find a way to be out of the park on Monday. At this point they are not disturbing other campers so I'm watching them carefully and will see that they leave Monday.

5. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 26 2014, 06:25 PM) [snapback]37475[/snapback]

I'm sure I will get a bad review from some folks here. The man had 4 empty bottles of beer at the pool. I went over and reminded him we don't allow alcohol or glass at the pool. He got up, took his bottles home and came back with a bag of fresh ones. I told him again about the rule. I looked over about 15 minutes later and he had the bottle of beer in the pool with him. I made him leave the pool area completely. His comment to me was, "well my family are the only ones at the pool so what difference does it make?" Then his 18 year old son got angry and spewed all kinds of vulgarity at me while the mother stood beside him and said nothing. The mother lied to me about when the kids were leaving and their ages, the kids used our bathhouse and refused to flush, dropped sunflower hulls all around the concrete at the pool. The mother even allowed the boy and his 16 year old girlfriend to go to the shower house and shower together with no regard for anyone else. I know they use the review boards and I'm sure I'll get blasted for insisting the rules apply to everyone at all times.

I applaud you for trying to uphold your rules and regulations with such lowlife. Unfortunately people like that feel it is all about them and not for the greater good of everyone.

6. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to update you folks. The rule breakers found someone with a truck that could pull their 5th wheel and left here this morning. They let the dogs run free all morning and left their trash piled up in their site even though we state we don't have site pick up. I ignored them because I was so happy to have them out of here. Now I can enjoy my Sunday off. :D

7. jobob

jobob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 27 2014, 11:27 AM) [snapback]37502[/snapback]

I wanted to update you folks. The rule breakers found someone with a truck that could pull their 5th wheel and left here this morning. They let the dogs run free all morning and left their trash piled up in their site even though we state we don't have site pick up. I ignored them because I was so happy to have them out of here. Now I can enjoy my Sunday off. :D

Don't be surprised if you have many, many bad reviews from this family and that they go on for months or years depending on how vindictive they are.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(jobob @ Jul 27 2014, 01:48 PM) [snapback]37503[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if you have many, many bad reviews from this family and that they go on for months or years depending on how vindictive they are.

I would put my 2 cents on that the punks don't get out to often, so if they manage to figure out about writing a review, It will probably be a rant on some obscure review website that know one pays any attention to.

Mike

9. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

The parents travel in their RV for jobs and they had already told me they do reviews on this site. I'm not really worried about them posting because I'm sure their vindictiveness will be obvious to anyone reading. I would rather have them angry because I make people follow the rules than have good people upset because I let the rules slide. I don't always like our rules or rules at other CG's we have stayed in but no one really enjoys staying at a place where they make rules and then don't enforce them. Most rules are really basic common courtesy.

10. jimnina

jimnina
    Expand Collapse

dalsgal :(
    Sorry for your turmoil with THOSE camper wannabees. I truly hope you don't get a lot of them :angry: . We have camped up and down the East Coast for 35 years and am happy to say we don't run into that kind very often. As mentioned by others it always befuddles me when I see a bad review based on , beach sand, coastal breezes, cold wind, jets flying overhead, etc. I know that before we decide to camp in those areas that those type of things ARE there. That's why we pickum :lol: You can't fix 'STUPID'

11. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

So sorry for owners who never know what type of campers are coming through the door. I am happy to see owner enforce the rules. A review I wrote recently was negative because management knew of the problem but would not correct it. Most rules are to correct issues of the past. Once in awhile a rule might seem silly but most are for the safety of all campers. Have never seen a campground that did not post rules so they should not be a surprise.

12. MelBtraveln

MelBtraveln
    Expand Collapse

After breaking my knee cap and having surgery last month (now home recouping and doing PT), I have spent a lot of time doing research on the 'puter for our upming retirement trip. In early March, 2016, we will take off on a one year tour of the country. I have learned a ton of helpful stuff reading through this forum. (Joined last night.) It's great!

I started out with tents of all shapes and sizes in my youth, then graduated to pop-ups in early adult-hood, having had two. In my early 40s switched to travel trailers: 1st was a 1995 24' Terry Resort (loved that trailer); 2nd was a 2001 26' Trail Lite with sofa slide-out. Loved it, too.

But now, due to numerous ortho issues (rotator cuff surgery last year, an Achilles tendon injury 3 mos ago and now this knee), I'm looking for EASE OF SET-UP and this spring plan on purchasing a Class C MH, 28-32' range. Only 2 of us will be traveling, with a rare visit from a relative or two at a few places along the way.

Planning a flexible itinerary now. We'll be leaving from our home in Texas and hitting highlights in AZ, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, then the upper Midwest and Great Lakes, on to New York and New England, then down through the mid-Atlantic states and finally across the south back to Texas, ending up in the Austin area. Through posts on this forum, I'm able to identify places we may want to stay for overnights or extended periods. I am so glad I happened onto this site. I've read posts that are absolutely hysterical and downright bewildering; but mostly I find great info about campgrounds all over the country.

So thanks to everyone who posts this valuable and very helpful info!

Mel

13. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Join Passport America and Good Sam, Look into getting a WiFi antenna for your laptop and maybe Myfi or some other phone based internet access service. Make sure you have a digital camera and make sure you have a place to store a lot of photos (we have over 10,000 on our site). You can setup all this type of stuff while you are laid up. My wife has had rotator cuff and total knee. Dyour PT faithfully. Learn about Wal-Mart camping and other boondocking.. Get National Park info and state park info (all on the internet or phone app) Develop check lit for setup and departure. Join IR2 forums and Escapee forums. Lots of people out there wanting to help. Learn to communicate with your wife, Different now you are retired. GOOD LUCK.

14. MelBtraveln

MelBtraveln
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 6 2014, 07:06 PM) [snapback]37639[/snapback]

Join Passport America and Good Sam, Look into getting a WiFi antenna for your laptop and maybe Myfi or some other phone based internet access service. Make sure you have a digital camera and make sure you have a place to store a lot of photos (we have over 10,000 on our site). You can setup all this type of stuff while you are laid up. My wife has had rotator cuff and total knee. Dyour PT faithfully. Learn about Wal-Mart camping and other boondocking.. Get National Park info and state park info (all on the internet or phone app) Develop check lit for setup and departure. Join IR2 forums and Escapee forums. Lots of people out there wanting to help. Learn to communicate with your wife, Different now you are retired. GOOD LUCK.

Good advice all the way around, Lindsay. Thanks. DW & I communicate beautifully and have enjoyed spending time together for 20 years. Never gets old. "Retirement" for me, after the trip, will involve some volunteering for a good non-profit, grandkid spoilin' and exploring the surroundings in our retirement community of Pagosa Springs, CO, where we already own a home. (Won't retire until Dec, 2015.)

This trip has been our dream for the past 5 years! REALLY looking forward to it.

Mel