Wild Acres Old Orchard

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Daniel Paquet, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Daniel Paquet

Daniel Paquet
    Expand Collapse

I'm presently in a villa at this campground. So much has changed since the new management. We were used to be greeted with smille and happyness. Now people at the desk are all business and you're only a number. We had issues for the check in, cookware is incomplete, bbq is dirty as it could be. I asked for a frying pan an hour ago and it's not here yet. I began visiting this campground some 30 years ago with my parents and i was always satisfied. This is definitly over now. I'll look for somewhere else next year.

2. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

This campground has had a couple owners over the last couple years. Sun Resorts took over a mess 2 years ago and it is too bad they are not showing improvements. I was there last year and planned a few days next year but we have a trailer. Hope your week turns out ok. Sun Resorts just bought their 4th campground at Old Orchard Beach, they will own them all if they keep going. NASCAR and their co-owner are the ones that put all the villas in as they tried to change the way people camp. They went out when the announced to the seasonals that they had to buy the same unit within 5 years or leave. They wanted every site to have the exact same units.