Ay-ay-ay....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Luvtheroad, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We have seven more nights on the road until the old girl goes back into the storage yard and we move back into the Florida S&B for the winter. It's been a great 4+ months, most of the time spent ping-ponging around California. We've dodged all the disasters....just missed the earthquake in Napa, got out of Yosemite just ahead of the fire, were ahead of the flooding on I-15 by hours, beat the storms out of Arizona, etc. No problems at all. RV parks were great, truck ran well, fiver performed as required, nobody got sick.

The last 24 hours? Ay-ay-ay....in the last 24 hours, we've had to stop every 50 miles and push a slide back in, our black tank won't drain (for the first time in five years), the "check engine" light came on in the truck (luckily, a quick $118 stop at a Ford dealership took care of that) and then we got a nail in a tire tonight.

Are we going to make it home in one piece? If anyone has an "in" with the Guy upstairs, please put in a good word for us.

2. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Luvtheroad @ Sep 26 2014, 09:17 PM) [snapback]38479[/snapback]

We have seven more nights on the road until the old girl goes back into the storage yard and we move back into the Florida S&B for the winter. It's been a great 4+ months, most of the time spent ping-ponging around California. We've dodged all the disasters....just missed the earthquake in Napa, got out of Yosemite just ahead of the fire, were ahead of the flooding on I-15 by hours, beat the storms out of Arizona, etc. No problems at all. RV parks were great, truck ran well, fiver performed as required, nobody got sick.

The last 24 hours? Ay-ay-ay....in the last 24 hours, we've had to stop every 50 miles and push a slide back in, our black tank won't drain (for the first time in five years), the "check engine" light came on in the truck (luckily, a quick $118 stop at a Ford dealership took care of that) and then we got a nail in a tire tonight.

Are we going to make it home in one piece? If anyone has an "in" with the Guy upstairs, please put in a good word for us.

Wow, sorry to, hear of your troubles but that is life on the road. I hope you make it home without any more problems. After all that it seems for me I was always waiting for the next disaster. Think positive my friend.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'll put in a good word, but I don't think he listens to me either! :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, hope do something similar when I reach retirement! B)

Mike

4. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Good luck getting to the end and enjoy the winter. At least you had a lot more good luck than bad.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Saw a bumper sticker a while back that said, "i'd rather have a bad day on vacation, than a good day at work".

Good luck getting back.