New Site Problems? let us know here..

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to correct the location of an RV park's "pin" being shown on the Google maps page?

The old site had a way to "verify" a park's location by dragging the pin and then submitting (locking) the change.

John

2. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

And since it only happens at rvparkreviews and no other site on my iPad it leads me to believe that it's an issue on your end. I've tried clearing my cache and installed a fresh chrome browser app nonetheless and that made no difference.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We've reported the problem; since it is not consistent across devices running the same software it is going to take some time to resolve. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know what iOS version you are using?

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

This appears to be a serious issue. Thanks for reporting it.

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I believe that we decided it was better to have users report the need to change the pin and then have the admins make the change. You may not have realized it but with the old system an admin had to approve each change anyway. But fairly frequently users made incorrect pin placements and by doing so they removed the old location from the system even if that had been correct. That used to result in a lot of wasted effort.

6. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

Where's the best place to report this?

If I use the form under the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, there's no provision to upload a map showing the correct RV park location.

Should I start a new thread here on the forum?

Thank you,

John

7. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

iOS8.1 on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 (not plus).

8. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I've now been told by someone on the development team that it would be helpful to know what screen resolution your device is using. If you don't know how to check it from within the device you can go to screenresolution.org and it will be displayed for you. Thanks

BTW, I would expect the iPhone to display the mobile device version of the homepage just as my Android phone does. The map would probably be too small and difficult to use.

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

John:

At the moment the best way to give us a new pin position would be to provide us the coordinates. Admins can easily change the coordinates but I've yet to find a way even for us to drag the pin on a map directly. I've just entered your comment on the "bug list". Thanks

Joel

10. Pirate

Pirate
    Expand Collapse

Hey, great site. If I could make a recommendation, it would be to make the most recent review window hold about 96 hours of reviews with a scroll bar. I would like to be able to to keep scrolling down to see the reviews I may have missed in the past day or so. Thanks.

NoSoupForYou likes this.
  11. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

For anyone that's not aware of it, you can easily get the coordinates for a given location on Google Maps by right clicking the location and selecting "What's here" from the drop down list. At least that works on PC's, I haven't tried finding the coordinates on Android or iOS.

12. TobyPup

TobyPup
    Expand Collapse

OS

8.1 on both IPad and iTouch. 768x1024 on iPad; 320 x568 on iTouch.

13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Try holding your iPad in Landscape mode rather than portrait. That should fix the problem. The iTouch and most phones will probably not display the map in either orientation.

14. TobyPup

TobyPup
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. That fixes the iPad. You're right. It doesn't fix the iTouch but I almost always use the iPad.

15. BasilFawlty

BasilFawlty
    Expand Collapse

GREAT UPDATE! Very nice user interface. Looks much more modern than the earlier homepage. THANKS!!

16. Gnome de Plume

Gnome de Plume
    Expand Collapse

If I scroll to the top of this page and click on "Home" (which is right above the word "New" in 'New Site Problems? let us know here..') it shows "Popular Nearby". In my case it shows 3 parks near Aberdeen, WA. Why? Because Aberdeen is the city that I listed in my profile. It's the location of my mailbox, not where I am - which is about 3 hours north of Aberdeen. I would recommend against changing "Popular Nearby" to be based upon one's IP address location. I'm on the Olympic Peninsula (with a view of the Sound) and I think this RV park's internet is hosted in Arkansas.

dalsgal likes this.
  17. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

If I do the exact same thing I get the home page without the "popular nearby" list.

18. Gyropilot

Gyropilot
    Expand Collapse

OK I've encountered a new problem...

A day or two ago I added a new park HERE, but since then the website won't let me post a review for it.

Here's what's going on:

After I fill in the review form and click submit, there's a pause as the screen refreshes, then I'm left looking at the empty (reset) review form again. This happens each time I submit the form.

I've tried logging out and back in and I've tried restarting my browser (Safari 8.0).

Thanks!

John

19. seahawk09

seahawk09
    Expand Collapse

So far the new site is keen, of course I liked the previous. thx, Cb

20. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Hi John:

I went to that same park (the Elks Lodge) and followed the "add a review" link and wrote and submitted a test review which was accepted by the system. As an admin I then went into the review queue and found my review and, of course, deleted it.

I'm not sure what the problem is that you're experiencing. It's difficult to describe if we can't reproduce it. Is there another computer you can login through (or a tablet or phone)? It would be helpful to try to narrow down the issue.

Joel