Flippin' Rvs

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mdcamping, Dec 17, 2014.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Found this great show on the Great American Country network... seeing these guys take rv's from the 40's to the early 60's, strip them down to the bear studs and rebuild them to a condition better than the manufacture had ever intended is just amazing.

Apparently if you can posses the skills there's a market out there for these nostalgic Rv's.
    Some of the demand they were saying is people looking for the larger Rv's and using them for summer guest houses... very interesting!

Other than a Rv museum in VT that we visited I have never come across these type of nostalgic Rv's on the open road.

Anyone ever come across these nostalgic Rv's on the open road? or maybe in the business of refurbishing them.

Mike

2. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

There is an RV park in Albuquerque that has old cars trucks and RV's. One of the rv's is a nightly rental if I remember right. Actually looking atbthe web site they have a few Classic rentals.

http://enchantedtrails.com/trailer_rentals.html

3. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Where is the RV museum in Vermont? And... how was it?

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It was at the Shelburne Museum back in 2002. Not sure if the display is still there... it was in the Round Barn Building at the time.

museum had Rv's dating from the 50's back to the early 20's, I remember they had one early wood popup that looked similar to a chuck wagon you would see in a western movie...very cool!

Mike

#4 mdcamping, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014