Uploaded Photo Not Showing

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by bradydane2009, Dec 18, 2014.

1. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I am not the owner of the park. I took the photos when I visited there and gave them to the owner and he had his web guy publish them. What kind of crap are you fostering?

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Your aerial photo was rejected because it's very unusual for the average reviewer to submit professional-quality aerial photos and the fact that it is on the park's website made it appear to be something the park had paid to have taken. If you have any evidence that you actually took this photo, we'd be happy to post it.

As was previously stated the photo of the building was rejected because it also is on the park's website. If you have evidence that you took it also, we would consider posting it.

3. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I am a professional photographer and web site developer. This past year I have been taking aerial photos of the parks I visit. I use my quadcopter to take the aerial photos. I usually give the park a copy of the photos I take of their park. They sometimes have their web guy publish them on their web. I don't charge the parks - I make no money from the parks. I would like to submit more photos of the parks I have visited but your attitude will probably prevent me from posting them.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have this attitude because we do not want to post copyrighted photos that do not belong to the member who submitted them. How would you feel if you took photos of parks as a business, and then you found out that someone had copied those photos to use here or somewhere else? As a professional photographer, I would think this is something you would understand.

mdcamping, HappiestCamper and dalsgal like this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I believe any photos that appear on the RV park website come under the blanket copyright the park owner has on the entire website unless an exception is specifically listed.

6. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

The aerial photo that I posted was taken by a service for the purpose of advertising my park. I paid for them and can use them for that purpose. I did not realize I was in violation of site rules when I posted. I have since read the guidelines. Like I have stated, I only mentioned the photos were gone as FYI since the format is fairly new. Thanks to all who look after this site. Happy Camping !

7. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Folks thanks for your input on the images. Since image uploads are a new feature here we are still having some growing pains in our process. You input has been helpful and we are working to streamline the process, as well as how we notify members of any problems. Thanks for your patience :)