Good Sam Or Passport America?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by psherman, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

WOW, that is a real leap thinking that if a park didn't do PPA they were dumb. Not what I said at all. They are all different and it is different at different seasons of the year. I realize that the restrictions can upset people and I have seen them on forums talking about it. It is strictly one sided thinking, but they are the customer and can think anyway they wish. Being a destination park or a transportation based park might have an affect on an owners thinking. We had a 100% occupancy rate for years in a row on the weekends and ran about 50% on Mondays. We would offer a 50% discount for the Sunday to those that had stayed the weekend, Like found money for us. I have stayed in hundreds of parks and don't really have much brand loyalty, They are individual to me. I can see how others might though. My brother usually stays at the same parks year after year, We deliberately stop at different towns to vary our experiences, Each to his own. We do have several close by parks that we use many times. One of them is PPA, with no winters allowed as we live in Florida. I also think the PPA phone app is a real positive for having it. It is usually my wife's first look.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

So far, any PA park I've stayed at where there was an overlap of PA and restricted days, the park has given me the PA rate for the eligible days, and the regular price for the other days, less any other discount card I had such as Escapees or Good Sam membership if applicable. I don't know if all PA parks do that though.

4. WVA3185

WVA3185
    Expand Collapse

I have also had PPA parks give me the discounted rates during restricted periods since there were lots of spaces open. This was during Dec. on my way south when I stopped in SC to dewinterize. I suspect if they were busy I wouldn't have gotten the discount which would not have been an issue with me since I pulled in during the restricted day. I asked and they gave it to me. Never hurts to ask.

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I too have had the PPA rate extended. Once we even opted out of the PPA rate when we decided to stay longer, we asked about the weekly rate and that was better. This was in Sturgis, SD which is in the middle of all sorts of interesting adventures, If you can talk to a decision maker who looks over his shoulder at a lot of empty spaces and decides do I want half or nothing?