Encore Park Reservations

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by chloe, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bambilynn @ Sep 27 2011, 03:45 PM) [snapback]27722[/snapback]

We are Thousand Trails Platinum owners and are very discouraged by Encore's business practices. Without any official pre-notification to their Platinum members, an affilitation with ROD was dissolved eliminating a key component of our contract: Free camping in over 100 ROD membership parks. The only reason I found out about it was through the TTN Facebook site.

What does Encore have to say about this? The official word on their website and through member services is that they will give us an upgrade to RPI. We are already a member of RPI Preferred so they offered us a 6 month extension on our dues (valued at approximately $75). Big deal, we paid $4000 for the Platinum upgrade. Our contract says that if an affilitation is broken, they will replace it with something "comparable or better." I've written an e-mail and received no response. I spoke to a TTN branch manager who said this is a "legal issue" at "corporate" which is a "1.5 billion dollar company" and they don't communicate what is going on to the branches. He just passed buck to his boss but said I will have to jump through "many gatekeepers" before I could reach somebody who could address this concern.

What does ROD have to say about this? The "official word" is that it was a "mutual agreement." However, unofficially, ROD park managers have given us reasons why ROD no longer wants to support this affiliation. They are:
    1.) TTN did not include ALL of their parks into the reciprocal agreement.
    2.) TTN is now offering "zone passes" which allows non-members to access the TTN parks and violates ROD's by-laws.

It sounds like Encore has disregarded their contractual agreements to TTN Platinum members. Follow "TTN dropping ROD" on Facebook for more information on this subject.

As I said in my previous message, I only can vouch for what I see and as far as my relation with encore Crystal River, I have no complaints, however, being only a business relation, I would not trust them for promises of future benefits.
    Remember you are making a deal for some thing protracted in the future, if the economy is stable, every thing works out but with the today’s restrain, if they don’t comply with the agreement , the only way for you is to take them to court and.. forget it

2. ScbMarine06

ScbMarine06
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are currently staying in the Terre Ceia Encore Rv Park in Palmetto, FL... just north of Bradenton.

We have been there almost two months and are not pleased with management. We have been told by several residents that there is alot of favortism in the park, especially from staff, and many people want it to be a 55+ park. I am 28 and my wife 26, however we do look young.

We moved down from Indiana, I transferred to a distribution plant from a Steel Mill, with a friend of ours and when we set up the reservation we explained 3 adults, 3 cars, 2 motorcycles, and a truck with trailer.

We were told the truck an trailer would have to be in storage but they had storage for it.

The staff does not know how to talk as adults, they prefer to bark orders...

Once we got there was no storage, the maintenance guy more so yelled at us that the trailer cannot be there, so we found a storage yard... it is still there... even though there was a storage spot open.

I got a call at work two days later and the receptionist on the phone also more so yelled at me that we could not have 3 cars on the lot, the max number is 2.

I explained we were told over then phone when we set up the reservation we could have them as long as they fit and the subject was dropped.

One month later she called and did the same thing, my wife went down to the office cause they are only open during exact (9-5) business hours... even though they live in the park... and the lady told her " we aren't trying to single you out but"...

My wife re-iterated what I had already said and pointed out the contract we signed with the park said nothing about only two cars.

When asked for written rules about only two cars they had nothing to give us. It is just their spoken policy.

They then prompted if one of our dogs is a pitbul, he is a Weimeriner/Boxer/mutt mix and does kinda look intimidating, even though I told the reservation lady that some people think he looks like a pit but is not, I was also told that was fine as long as he is not aggressive, which he is far from... our lab is the old and cranky one.

Since then I got the number for the person in charge of the Encore Rv parks, they are based out of Chicago, called and left a message but never got a return call.

Not to mention the same problem with the streets needing paved. I saw one kid flip over on a bicycle from a pothole...

We are currently looking for a house to buy and cannot find one fast enough it seems.

I will say most of the residents are great and I feel bad for those that are stuck there.

3. dfsipc12

dfsipc12
    Expand Collapse

We are in Winter Quarters Pasco now for over a year, and will soon be moving to a new location.
    Management has changed many times.
    There is NO security and police are here almost daily.
    There is large scale theft at this location.
    The snow birds are nasty people that hate children and are quick to tell the kids to leave the pool area and buildings.
    The management is very hostile towards any young families, and bigoted against minorities.
    There is a Jewish family in the park that is always being discriminated by mangement and always being emotionally attacked.
    African American families are not allowed, and are turned away.
    Spanish descent people are not encouraged to stay.
    Only white Snow birds are welcome here and it shows in everything that goes on.
    Activities are only allowed for 6 months and if you are not a white snow bird over the age of 65 you are not welcome.
    Hate is promoted and encouraged at all the Encore parks we have been at.
    Beware you have been told.

4. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dfsipc12 @ Jan 16 2012, 11:37 AM) [snapback]28606[/snapback]

We are in Winter Quarters Pasco now for over a year, and will soon be moving to a new location.
    The snow birds are nasty people that hate children and are quick to tell the kids to leave the pool area and buildings.
    The management is very hostile towards any young families, and bigoted against minorities.
    There is a Jewish family in the park that is always being discriminated by mangement and always being emotionally attacked.
    Activities are only allowed for 6 months and if you are not a white snow bird over the age of 65 you are not welcome.

Gee, doesn't sound America, is an American place isn't it ? what I don't understand how come with so much discrimination people are still going there ?
    With respect to your last sentence, I can't agree with you at all, I am Wintering in an Encore RV Park, Crystal River and as fare as I understand there is no discriminations versus black, white or Canadians or ???? As a mater of fact there are a couple of trailers belonging to people with a very low income and notwithstanding that they cannot participate when we have potluck they are always welcomed to the party.
    I have to admit that at the times the management is strict with not behaving children or too noisy people but like you mentioned, if the camp is mainly occupied by snowbirds , the snow birds are mostly retired people and they don’t appreciate too much commotion and being the majority it means that they are the one who’s providing more income and if this is the case, the management must behave in accordance to where the money come from !!!!!
    I wish to give you an example that happened last year during a week-end when all young people with family come here to spend a couple of days, well one Monday morning they found pieces of meat and some excrement in the Swimming pool and the management had to empty all swimming pool clean it, refill it and since we got hot water, to heat up every thing in order that the resident would be able to use it again.
    I cannot judge what happens in your place but honestly I cannot generalise that all Encore resorts are mismanaged.

5. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dfsipc12 @ Jan 16 2012, 01:37 PM) [snapback]28606[/snapback]

Why would you have stayed there for over a year if the place was as you described? Sounds like someone's grapes have been soured.

6. wendyj

wendyj
    Expand Collapse

I think everyone in an Encore RV Park should not pay the lot rent until they actually fix some of the things that they say are going to be fixed.

There has to be someone out there to contact to stand up for us. I wonder if it would be the Better Business Bureau. I might just send them an email. Maybe everyone else should too.

Oh by the way, I am a new member or should say camper at the Brennan's Beach RV Campground which is now owned by Encore.

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We will do anything to stay out of Encore parks across the USA. Encore has run more parks into the ground that we can remember. :rolleyes:

kat77mac likes this.
  8. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wendyj @ Jul 10 2012, 10:52 PM) [snapback]29970[/snapback]

I think everyone in an Encore RV Park should not pay the lot rent until they actually fix some of the things that they say are going to be fixed.

There has to be someone out there to contact to stand up for us. I wonder if it would be the Better Business Bureau. I might just send them an email. Maybe everyone else should too.

Oh by the way, I am a new member or should say camper at the Brennan's Beach RV Campground which is now owned by Encore.

Witholding rents is generally not a good idea. You will get evicted, sued and lose. Much better plan is to vote with your RV and leave the dump. Staying and whining and complaining is only going to result in being in a place where everyone is whining and complaining. There are hundreds of good places to stay, go to one of those.

9. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for your problems in Fort Myers. I was born there and my Dad moved there in 1920 and saw Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and Harvey Firestone around town. It has changed drastically since I was a kid. We also had a bad experience at an Encore park that they lost due to foreclosure. They expanded rapidly hoping to make a killing selling lots. Didn't happen due to the economy and they got killed.

10. joeey

joeey
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RVRetirees @ Jul 24 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]7777[/snapback]

Getting in contact with anyone of authority at ELS/Encore is impossible! They have no email address for upper management. The phone #'s listed are to the parks directly, not anyone who can solve a problem.
    The problems in our park (Bradenton) are not unique, they are common problems at all of the ELS/Encore parks , just look at the postings on this site.
    This is a corporation that purchases privately owned parks, ups the rents, and never spends a dime to maintain or improve the park. They are the "slum landlords" of RV parks!
    Several months ago Encore sent a couple of their upper-management personnel to inspect the park in Bradenton. After this inspection, the residents were told that the roads would be repaved. Last week the maintenance men at the park began AGAIN to fill in the holes haphazardly, using cheap materials that will again wash out when it rains. When the manager was asked what happened to the commitment to repave the roads properly, her response was "the money was not approved!"
    This park is nearly 100% maintained by resident volunteers; they pick up the garbage daily, sort the mail, organize and run all events, mow their own grass, trim their own trees, etc etc,and because of the constant break ins and thefts even organized resident night patrols last winter season.
    Now the resident volunteers are looking at a way to repair the security gate that was dismantled several years ago (when Encore purchased the park!) . Encore /ELS doesn't want a security gate because they want the public to be able to drive in unchecked to see /purchase their Park Models!
    Security for the residents (mostly seniors) is not even a consideration. Anyone can drive into this park, day or night, without checking into the office.

11. joeey

joeey
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 11 2012, 09:14 AM) [snapback]29976[/snapback]

We will do anything to stay out of Encore parks across the USA. Encore has run more parks into the ground that we can remember. :rolleyes:

everyone should call vice pres. david kozy and tell him he is vice pres of customer service 1-312-279-1400 this is the number to els encore everyone call this guy and tell him we are not happy and have people power flood the phone line and let them know that we will stop going to there parks.They dont care about us

12. WVA3185

WVA3185
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(joeey @ Nov 24 2012, 08:28 PM) [snapback]31978[/snapback]

everyone should call vice pres. david kozy and tell him he is vice pres of customer service 1-312-279-1400 this is the number to els encore everyone call this guy and tell him we are not happy and have people power flood the phone line and let them know that we will stop going to there parks.They dont care about us

The better choice is to vote with your cash...i.e. STOP giving it to Encore. when they continue to collapse just maybe someone wil figure out why.

13. Not a very Happy Camper

Not a very Happy Camper
    Expand Collapse

I like to find out if anyone has made a reservation with this company and then had to cancel. They claim there credit is good at any park there company owns but they do not seam to have reservations available to use your credit when you want to, bunch of bull if you asked me!

14. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, I am surprised to hear your comments regarding Encore, I am only commenting with respect to Crystal River’s resort and yes we had few problems a few years ago when the Club house was in disarray and they were stalling the repair and that year, most of the Snow birds didn’t book for the following year, however, after that every things had been OK, the have updated the electrical system in all camp, facilities as swimming pool and SPA have always been functional and about the management, well, they are not buddy but I would say professional and I cannot criticize.
    Mind you, I do believe about your complaints but , honestly, it would not be fair for me to file a negative comment in regards of the place I am staying

15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(Not a very Happy Camper @ Oct 4 2013, 09:48 PM) [snapback]34978[/snapback]

I like to find out if anyone has made a reservation with this company and then had to cancel. They claim there credit is good at any park there company owns but they do not seam to have reservations available to use your credit when you want to, bunch of bull if you asked me!

Though I'm not a fan of Encore parks in general. Maybe the encore parks policy's give priority to reservations that are not the credit/cancellation type.... especially during the peak season.

Maybe you need to do some reading on these forums, just my 2 cents but your profile name suggests maybe you should look into another hobby.

Mike

16. RVnot55

RVnot55
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RVRetirees @ Jul 24 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]7777[/snapback]

Getting in contact with anyone of authority at ELS/Encore is impossible! They have no email address for upper management. The phone #'s listed are to the parks directly, not anyone who can solve a problem.
    The problems in our park (Bradenton) are not unique, they are common problems at all of the ELS/Encore parks , just look at the postings on this site.
    This is a corporation that purchases privately owned parks, ups the rents, and never spends a dime to maintain or improve the park. They are the "slum landlords" of RV parks!
    Several months ago Encore sent a couple of their upper-management personnel to inspect the park in Bradenton. After this inspection, the residents were told that the roads would be repaved. Last week the maintenance men at the park began AGAIN to fill in the holes haphazardly, using cheap materials that will again wash out when it rains. When the manager was asked what happened to the commitment to repave the roads properly, her response was "the money was not approved!"
    This park is nearly 100% maintained by resident volunteers; they pick up the garbage daily, sort the mail, organize and run all events, mow their own grass, trim their own trees, etc etc,and because of the constant break ins and thefts even organized resident night patrols last winter season.
    Now the resident volunteers are looking at a way to repair the security gate that was dismantled several years ago (when Encore purchased the park!) . Encore /ELS doesn't want a security gate because they want the public to be able to drive in unchecked to see /purchase their Park Models!
    Security for the residents (mostly seniors) is not even a consideration. Anyone can drive into this park, day or night, without checking into the office.

2 S Riverside Plaza #800, Chicago, IL 60606
    (312) 279-1400

17. Goggy

Goggy
    Expand Collapse

We stayed 2 weeks in March of 2014 at Winter Quarters Manatee Park in Bradenton FL, an Encore park. Helpful staff, a nice community center with pool, fitness room, shuffleboard courts, etc. Unfortunately, it rained several days and we discovered a severe lack of drainage throughout the park. Our lot had 2 inches of water and we had to park our truck in a vacant lot. No-see-ums were atrocious; we couldn't be outside in the morning or at dusk. WIFI and cable TV were available via a 'salty' charge form Comcast. The park did give us 4 hours of complimentary hot spot access in two locations....how gracious!

We have a 30' Airstream; although newbies as of last year, we have stayed in many parks throughout OK, NM, TX and now Florida. This Encore park was definitely NOT a repeat. :(

18. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

Encore - Thousand Trails system is fouled up because they have a far too complex system of getting paid. Much of this has to do with the legacy of Roy Rogers and the beginnings of the Thousand Trails system. TT sold many thousands of memberships to their high end parks. 35 years ago these were great places. Over the years many of the parks have been neglected. Encore has thousands of members who basically stay free at their parks if they pay a yearly fee. So lots of those people stay at the free places. Problem is that not enough money is generated from those folks to pay the Encore bills.

We are currently staying at a TT park in AZ. Very nice location with some very nice amenities like the large club house. But almost all sites are 30 amp. It gets very hot here and all sites should have 50 amp. Any regular RV park that rents sites by the night would have upgraded the electric years ago. Otherwise few would stay here. But since thousands of members stay basically free the place is mostly full.

Usually when you violate the KISS principle you have problems. Encore - Thousand Trails have violated the KISS rule. Only way to fix this system is to simplify.

19. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RFCN2 @ Apr 19 2014, 09:56 AM) [snapback]36194[/snapback]

Encore - Thousand Trails system is fouled up because they have a far too complex system of getting paid. Much of this has to do with the legacy of Roy Rogers and the beginnings of the Thousand Trails system. TT sold many thousands of memberships to their high end parks. 35 years ago these were great places. Over the years many of the parks have been neglected. Encore has thousands of members who basically stay free at their parks if they pay a yearly fee. So lots of those people stay at the free places. Problem is that not enough money is generated from those folks to pay the Encore bills.

We are currently staying at a TT park in AZ. Very nice location with some very nice amenities like the large club house. But almost all sites are 30 amp. It gets very hot here and all sites should have 50 amp. Any regular RV park that rents sites by the night would have upgraded the electric years ago. Otherwise few would stay here. But since thousands of members stay basically free the place is mostly full.

Usually when you violate the KISS principle you have problems. Encore - Thousand Trails have violated the KISS rule. Only way to fix this system is to simplify.

I am still going to Encore in Crystal River, however, I have to recognize that the Corporation has deteriorated a lot, I am just speculating, however, in this resort, we had more changes in management and staff than the number of campers and without criticism, the majority is not trained to deal with the public or not paid enough to care for the job.

20. kat77mac

kat77mac
    Expand Collapse

I read these comments about Encore and agree 1000% The same is true in 2016. Stay away from the Voyager RV Park in Tucson AZ bought by Encore I don't know how many years ago. They care nothing about the residents who have been here for decades like my parents. It is all about making money and pretending that this park is a resort.

Trying to find a name/number at Encore corporate office to complain about is impossible. Talking to the manager here is infuriating. The management here has no integrity, they do not care about the residents who live here year around, it is all about making money during peak season. Their decisions have put vulnerable seniors in life/death situations over and over this summer.

Who in their right mind plans multiple electrical shut downs in ARIZONA in the SUMMER? Our electricity will be shut down THREE times this week, it was down twice last week, this has gone on and on since June. Then 'something goes wrong' and the electricity has been out for close to 24 hours on three occasions, one time it was out for over 24 hours. What happens when people are on oxygen? They could die. Heat exhaustion? They could die. This experience has been traumatizing. I can replace food ruined, I cannot replace a love one.