"When a Winnebago becomes a Prevost"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 30, 2015.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I just finished reading thru some reviews on various RV parks that we thought might be of interest to use as an over-nighter on an upcoming trip and couldn't help but laugh a bit after reading the reviews of one particular park. Each review I read gave the park the lowest ratings possible due to the park being run down and not kept up, etc. along with a filthy dirty pool and restrooms. Dog droppings everywhere and permanents with drug problems to where the local police were called in due to a drug overdose. Bottom line, this park must have really been bad for everyone to rate it this low. Then along comes a review from some young gal travellng alone with small toddler children that needed a place to stay for a few days and she raves about what a wonderful place this is for her and the kids. The kids were able to swim in the great pool (Yuk) and play on the grass covered with dog poop (Yuk), and so on. Then she rates it a "10".................:eek:. I guess this must be one of those cases where one person's garbage scow is another person's luxury cruise ship. I got a real laugh out of that one, perhaps a few of you also read it................?
    Don't mean to be derogatory here or to put down a fellow RVer but this gal just ain't seeing the forest for the trees. The 35 year old "Winnebago" has become a brand new "Prevost" to her it seems...........

I'll be quiet now, she might be reading this post and could come after me with a diaper full of baby poop.......... Yuk...

jimLE likes this.
  2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Maybe she got the one site without the poo. And maybe the pool is better than described by the other campers, and maybe her brother owns the park.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

This is quite possible. Please post or PM me the park name so I can check it out. It happens more than you might realize.

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

It is possible that the bad reviews were written by someone from another park or someone that was angry that they were required to follow the rules like everyone else. We have had a review or two that were written by someone that was so bad they were asked to leave the park. One was so bad the staff here realized it could not be true, especially since the writers listed the date of stay was the same dates they posted for their stay in another park 2 states away.

Banditoman60 likes this.
  5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I didn't mean to start anything here from what I posted. This was some time back and I have forgotten what park/city/state this was but at the time just thought it funny to read a bunch of reviews giving the park very bad ratings and then have someone come along who thought it was paradise. I've also read reviews of parks where all the reviews were high and then one RVer comes along and gives the park the lowest rating possible. We all have out likes and dislikes for sure, but sometimes it's funny to me how so many can rate a park one way or the other and then one person goes completely in the opposite direction. I remember staying at one park that we were forced into staying at due to the weather. The RV parked next to us was one of the most rundown, ragged and dirty Airstreams I have ever seen. I mean this thing has brown paper bags in the windows as curtains and sewage leaking out underneath it. I imagine the person or persons that lived in it thought they were living in a "resort" but in actuality the park itself was below average and just marginal for an overnight stay. "Different strokes"..................

6. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse

I know what you mean. We have been full-timers for the past year, and have been very pleased with the reviews and ratings here. I guess We just realize that when someone raves about - or rales against - something, they're usually the extreme players. Overall, though, the ratings averages have been very dependable and most comments helpful. This is the best site we've found to help us in deciding to stay - or not - in a location.

7. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

Our daughter used to work for a company called Site Ratings Boost. They did exactly what the name implies. And our daughter soon quit because of this.

I usually scan several reviews on RV park reviews to get a general "feel" for the park. I do look to see how many reviews someone has written and give more credibility to those who have written a lot of reviews. And even sometimes I will see what other reviews that person has written.

I do miss a bit the older days when AAA used to review RV campgrounds. I do still refer to the Woodalls write ups for commercial parks along with RVparkreviews. I rarely use tripadvisor or google reviews for campgrounds.