Newbie from Georgia

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by GAHipychk, Aug 9, 2015.

1. GAHipychk

GAHipychk
    Expand Collapse

We have graduated from popup to motorhome- 2014 Sunseeker 3170ds. Hubby is flying to Michigan next week to drive it home. Just a general question. Which memberships should we get? Good Sam. Koa. American Passport etc. We are starting to plan a trip out west. So excited.

2. GAHipychk

GAHipychk
    Expand Collapse

Oh. And where are the reviews? I can't seem to find them. Thanks Mona

3. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to RVPR. You will find lots of helpful tips and advice not to mention great reviews available on this site.
    The type of memberships you might want to look at will really depend largely on the sorts of campgrounds you are looking to stay at. If they are mainly KOA's, then I'd go with that. I know my KOA membership usually pays for itself within a week of staying at one of their campgrounds.

Good Sam is another good one to have although many places offer similar discounts for on-line reservations or staying six nights and getting the seventh night free.

To find the reviews of the different places on RVPR, go to the home page. Then place your cursor on the state you wish to look at and click. That will highlight the state and bring up the most recent listings. You will see some yellow or blue pins. By clicking on those it will help drill down to the individual campgrounds in that area. Alternatively, you can enter the name of a city or campground and it will search on the campgrounds in the vicinity of the city you named.

When you have found a city or a campground it will also list the other campgrounds within a reasonable distance and indicate how far and in which general direction the are located from the campground you are currently viewing.

By clicking on the country flags shown on the home page it can also help you search for campgrounds in Canada and Mexico.

When you have visited a campground, please feel free to provide a review of the location.

Here is a link that you may find helpful when composing a review.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/docs/guidelines

Enjoy your travels.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

If you mean you can't find the review listings, just click on the "Home" button at the top of the page.

5. GAHipychk

GAHipychk
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I had to go to the desk top to find it. Wasn't on my phone.

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, ok... On your phone's browser, go directly to campgroundreviews.com for the review listings. The site is best viewed in landscape mode, and depending on your screen size and resolution, you may not see the map. You can still select the states, etc. from the lists though.

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Memberships depend on what you are looking to get out of them. Here are my opinions, but others may have different suggestions:

If you are looking for just campgroung/RV park savings, check out Passport America first. Most people seem to pay back their membership fee after just a few visits. Other groups also have some savings at other parks as well, but not as much.

If you are looking into a social group, check out FMCA and Good Sam. They have many local chapters and large national rallies where you can meet new people, and learn a lot about your coach and RVing.

8. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to Park Reviews. You will find this is a great site to find places to stay. I always did.