Map on Profile Page Messed Up

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Snidely Whiplash, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

Originally when I went to my profile page the map showed parks I had visited / an overview of the USA. For the past several months the map now comes up with me viewing the middle of the Pacific Ocean and when I zoom / scroll to the USA none of my visited park markers appear.

This occurs on both my iPad Air and my Win 7 laptop. I have reset cookies and nothing changes. Other users' maps show up OK like mine used to initially when I view their profile pages.

Not sure what else to try to correct the problem.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The first time I went to your page you definitely were in the ocean, but when I went back again everything was normal. We'll have to investigate this a bit. thanks for reporting it.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I had the same trouble and reported it several months back. I could give them an example and even sent a screen shot, but just like docj said you can look at the map one time and it will be the ocean and the next time it will be correct. So the programmers were never able to see or duplicate the problem, but it does continue to happen.

4. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

Thanks docj for checking it for me. And touché on your original response. I got quite a chuckle from the coast guard comment.

Texasrvers, I'm glad it's not a problem on my end. My map hasn't shown correctly (for me) for several months now. I hate to even mention it as I know there's bigger problems than that but I do use the map on occasion to look at parks I've been to if I'm traveling back through an area again.

Edit: Texasrvers - I just went to your profile page and the map showed the very same part of the ocean as mine.

5. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

From my end, looking at other users' profile page maps, a random sampling shows about half show the same spot of Pacific Ocean and half display USA and associated reviewed rvparks as it should. Very odd.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are right about this happening on my profile. But then again sometimes it displays normally. When it does this, I just try refreshing the page. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. The ghost in the machine has a mind of its own. And yes, the water map does seem to be the same location each time. Someone suggested that it may be at 0 Latitude and 0 Longitude. All I know is that it is somewhere over near Australia. Now that docj has reported it again and you and I have confirmed that we see this, maybe it will get fixed.

7. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I don't recall ever having this issue. Win 7 desk top or Vista Laptop. It is odd.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

This is curious, maybe compare a user profile with no reviews and see where the map loads up.

Mike

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

I am sure glad you posted regarding this Snidely W. :rolleyes:
    It had been ages since I could consistently get onto the world wide web, but I dusted off my password to check out RVparkReview's new look and...you guessed it.
    My profile map was in the middle of the ocean.
    I attributed it to missing a key message about updating our profile pages in the new format and forgot about it.
    Glad I don't have to reassess my RV capabilities... :p