"Just When We thought It Safe To Come In From the Rain"

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by BankShot, Feb 29, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We've been planning a trip to the coast now for a couple of months and have everything in place to head out March 8th. So what happens, the extended forecast is now calling for rain the entire time we will be there as well as rain for several days here before we leave. So, what do good RVers do when something like this comes along and messes with the plans? We of course back up a few yards and have a good cry!!! Not really, we are in the throws today of changing everything to arrive a week later when the rain should be outta here and outta there. I learned a while back to not let things like this bother us and so far it's working. Of course being retired and not being on schedules, etc. does tend to make it a tad easier to make changes. Only thing that might upset us is if that old foghorn no longer sounds at night and we end up having to fall asleep listening to just the surf crashing against the rocks and beach just a short distance from where we will be anchored............. :(

Safe travels everyone...........BankShot

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry the weather is affecting your plans. We have diverted routes, and stayed longer in one place, and left early from some places, all to avoid bad weather. And not being on a schedule certainly helps. We were heading back home one year and had to make an unplanned 2 night layover in west Texas due to unexpected icy roads. We didn't have to be home on any certain date and decided that staying safe on the road was more important than getting home that night or even the next day. Life is too short as it is; we don't need to speed it up with an accident. Hope things work out for you.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

We've hiked trails in the rain, walked on beaches in the rain, and stayed in the coach and played games or read in the rain, and enjoyed all of it... :)

Long term heavy rains and cold weather are different story though, and something we try to avoid when possible! :eek:

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

REALLY ??? Are we going to get RAIN ???
    Seriously, send some down to the Riverside, Temecula, San Diego end of the state please. :D

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Sorry FosterImposters but we can't afford to keep sending our water to So. Calif. any longer. You folks use way too much and need to start taking showers once a week like we do up here instead of twice a day as your folks down there do. Tell you what. Next time we're passing thru Temecula we will probably stay at Pechanga and when we get there I'll send you an email. You can swing by and pick up a fresh gallon jug of Sierra Nevada water that I'll personally donate to the cause.......... :D

Regards, BanikShot (aka Terry)

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Rain is not really so bad. We live in a winter rain forest so we are accustomed to it. We have moisture from mid November to Mid February. We still take the pooch for her daily walks (she does have a rain coat) but it certainly doesn't restrict our outdoor activity. If I could direct some of our liquid sunshine to southern California I would, but then all those Snow Birds would be upset.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

BankShot: "You can swing by and pick up a fresh gallon jug of Sierra Nevada water..."
    I'll toast to that! Looking forward to it Terry! :cool: Enjoy your trip!

BC Wanderer: "...but then all those Snow Birds would be upset."
    Ha, you know it!
    Good news is most of our Snow Birds are worried about their favorite winter hide-away, golf resort...and wouldn't complain TOO much. :rolleyes: