Kenilworth Queensland Homestead Bush Camping Easter 2016

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jason Goodwin, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

So it was four nights at Kenilworth for the Goodies.

The venue is pretty but we wont return and I have appropriately given them a serve on their Facebook and trip advisor but the reasons later.

You cannot help but love the location it is beautiful country no doubt.
    Ken_1.jpg
    All Set up and ready to roll
    Ken_6.jpg
    The park is on the Mary river and is very pretty. 1st issue 50 families 1 portable toilet....really!
    Ken_7.jpg
    The rain has really made the place green!
    Ken_5.jpg
    And the evenings are cool and clear
    Ken_10.jpg
    They were pretty packed in around the main yard next to the River!
    Ken_9.jpg
    We decided to go and see some of the renowned local National park spots including Queensland National Parks Charlie Moreland Camping area that has just had 1.5 million spent on it and...I would go there before ever returning to Kenilworth Homestead particularly as it is less than half the price of where we stayed with better amenties.

Onemoretrail likes this.
  2. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

The Kenilworth Easter Event is amazing but I would advise going to Kenilworth.com.au and look up the Kenilworth Showground for the camping. The showground is powered mostly, allows fires in drums, has the local pool as part of it and for those that enjoy it......They have a line dancing event going the whole weekend.......wooooo...Line dancing....wooo...wo...w.....anyway I digress.
    The pick for us is not only the local wineries.....can anyone say Moffatville Moonshine! but the amazing Kenilworth cheese with the company purchased by the employees they make some of the most amazing soft cheeses. We purchased a Sweet Chilli, Pickled Onion and Curried Cheese that was simply incredible.
    Ken_13.jpg
    In the immediate area there is a lot to explore for those with a 4wd that not only includes Charlie Moreland but the amazing boolumba Creek camping areas with a number of beautiful spots and excellent river crossings. The swimming holes and day use areas are brilliant.
    Ken_14.jpg
    Can anyone say...RIVER CROSSING!!!!
    Ken_15.jpg
    But when you get home there is always.......sigh.......

3. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Again a great post. You visit some lovely places. Make me want to hop a plane and visit.

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Love the photos! Another great location that makes me wish we could go there too!

Jason Goodwin likes this.