Use of campground bathrooms

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bluebird Bob, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Bluebird Bob

Bluebird Bob
    Expand Collapse

Why, yes it did!! In our park, I clean them around 3pm..figure by then everybody is done for a few hours...bathroom looks great for a couple of hours, then the sinks and mirrors look like I haven't even been in there that day! Jeeze!! Go back in a couple of times with a mop to try and keep up with the traffic in there. By the way, we get a 10 plus rating on them from Good Sam (which I don't put much faith in) but that's another story.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I tip my hat to you guys. We usually make good use of the campground shower/bathroom facilities. The campgrounds we have visited have done a great job keeping the bathrooms clean, especially the private campgrounds. Noticed it just takes one slob to trash a bathroom... and they all seem to show up on the big 3 holidays.

Mike

3. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Actually this is probably the biggest reason I prefer my TT's shower! Also, most times the rubber flo-thru mats that are put down in campground showers are usually painful for my feet.

We always use our TT's bathroom. I am able to thoroughly flush and clean it at home, so that makes it a bit easier to keep this clean and smelling fresh.

4. 2Reese

2Reese
    Expand Collapse

I will use the resort and/or campground restrooms depending on the aseptic apearance, the users of the restroom, and how it's clean and how often. If my husband likes and uses the restroom, I try to encourage him to use it everyday while we are visiting. I may take a shower once or twice a week depending on my mood. I can identify with those that you paid $$ for your RV why not use it; you want your RV clean especially the shower and bathroom; and if the restrooms are nice, why not use them to save time for more enjoyment. I'm glad to get this off my chest. Lol!

mdcamping and FosterImposters like this.
  5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

"I'm glad to get this off my chest."
    Welcome to the conversation 2Reese! You made me laugh at that one.
    Great to have you aboard!
    Cheers!

2Reese likes this.
  6. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

An interesting thread. I have always used the facilities in my 5th wheel. But on occasions I have use the campground's if they are clean. I only use the ones that have full restroom facilities not communal showers. I like the room, being 6'3" and 220# I don't have a problem with my shower but it is nice to take longer showers and use the hot water liberally. Another advantage about the full restrooms at campgrounds is that it is harder for two to use the same shower at the same time in my 5er. Never to old.

I always keep the gate valves closed until the tanks are full or I am leaving. I have strainers in my kitchen sink because if you don't a lot of food stuff will go into the gray tank and can cause odors. I use no chemicals in any of my tanks and I don't GEO Method. A friend that has been fulltiming for many years talked to me about all the ways people try to run their black and gray tanks. My black tank has never smelled by just using plenty of water after use. I am sure there will be many different opinions about not using any chemicals but it has worked for me..

BC

7. Traveling man

Traveling man
    Expand Collapse

They must like your bathroom because you keep it clean and have lots of hot water! The only thing I will use a park rest room for is the shower. If it's old and dirty with rusty pipes etc. I'll use my own shower. However some of the parks have wonderful showers- private rooms with large tiled showers with doors not curtains etc. Those are the ones that are enjoyable to use. My main reason for using a park shower rather than the one in the RV has to do with hot water. I like a hot shower and have to be real careful in the RV as the hot water tends to run out before I want. If I use a park shower I will always make sure it is as clean as when I arrived, but from experience not everyone does that.

8. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

We have no problems running out of hot water showering in our 5th wheel. We have a 10 gallon water heater. We did have that problem with the 6 gallon water heater in our previous RV.

9. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

In my 11 years of full timing I have used the parks shower only a few times. I prefer my shower in the 5th wheel. We have workcamped at a few parks where we cleaned the bathrooms. If they are kept clean it seems the campers will keep then reasonably clean. We would clen in the morning and then check for spot cleaning in the afternoon.