When are owners going to be able to respond

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by rh4001, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Tamtam

Tamtam
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the update, I'll keep an eye out for the email.

2. Tamtam

Tamtam
    Expand Collapse

I'm happy to report I've been "approved"! I made a few changes to our park info, and look forward to being able to add photos.

I do have a question that I hope an admin can answer for me. In the past park owners weren't allowed to mention their park. I thought I saw recently that some of the park owners have their account set up with their park name. This makes a lot of sense, especially when responding to Guest Reviews.

However... I posted the other day looking for some advice on some changes we're making at our park and did my best to not reveal my park. Most likely I'll post in the future as well asking for feedback on various topics.

What's the best way to proceed here? Should I be posting anonymously? Or change my account name to represent my business?

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

In the past we did not allow park owners to mention the name or specific location of their park as this was considered advertising/soliciting. However, the new owner interface and the expanded forums have caused the reconsideration of some of our previous guidelines. I have called this particular issue to the attention of management, and I'm sure they will take it under consideration and make the necessary clarifications and/or adjustments.

4. CamperSupport

CamperSupport
    Expand Collapse

How can we claim multiple parks under one account? We respond to reviews on behalf of the owners of over 70 campgrounds and would like to manage these in one place like TripAdvisor.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for you inquiry. I need to consult with a higher admin about this. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

6. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but I really don't see how such an arrangement would be in the spirit of an actual owner's response. I don't think that responding to every review with either a generic "Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your patronage" or an equally generic "Sorry you had that issue, it is unfortunate that it happened to you. We are addressing that issue and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business." is what this site had in mind when they decided to set up a response system. I believe they actually expected actual park management to respond, not some company hired to improve a company's internet presence.

Tamtam, dalsgal, Jack B and 2 others like this.
  7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for your comments, and that is why I need to confer with management and have some decisions made about this.

mdcamping likes this.
  8. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

I try to write thoughtful and thorough reviews. I always try to touch on the important points that I think people are looking for, and yes, I get wordy, but it is from the heart.
    I would be very disappointed to find that a "Thank You", which would be as flattering as a "Helpful"
    nod from a fellow rv'er, was a ploy by some firm not the actual park.
    It would be like someone is trying to trick me, and that's not nice.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for your input. We are working on an equitable way to show who has responded to a review.