How do I edit my review?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by wxtoad, Mar 31, 2016.

1. wxtoad

wxtoad
    Expand Collapse

I've looked at the FAQ's and have reviewed some of the forum posts, but I cannot find out how to edit a post already published. I seem to have trouble with latitude and longitude - one of my reviews has the CG located in China thanks to a missing minus sign in front of the longitude. I'd like to correct it, but I don't know how.

In a related matter, I submitted a new review of a campground not in your DB, but it wouldn't accept any values I tried to enter for latitude and longitude. I ended up leaving them blank.

Thanks.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for reporting this. Members are not allowed to edit their reviews once they are posted. However, we can make changes like this for you. I located the pin that was in China and added the minus sign which put the pin right on the campground. So problem solved.

I am not sure why you were unable to enter coordinates for the other park, but since that review is for a new park (one not in our database), the location of the park should be added by an admin at the time the park is approved. When you see your review posted, let us know if the pin is not right.

Again thanks for taking the time to report this so that we could fix it. You are welcome to report mistakes to this forum, but another way you can do this is by clicking on the Contact RVPR link located at the bottom of the web pages.

3. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Sometimes one of the co-ordinates has been offset by a few spaces, especially the longitude. Try back spacing in front of the numbers to see if they move towards the left margin. That usually fixes the problem.

4. wxtoad

wxtoad
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm, I don't understand why the original reviewer of a new location can't input the true coordinates? Using geo-location from a street address is often not very accurate. I was there - the admin person was not, so why not take my word for it?

5. wxtoad

wxtoad
    Expand Collapse

I tried all that - it didn't resolve the problem.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Usually, the Geolocation is not based on the street address but, rather, on the location that Google Maps has for that business. In fact, the map coordinates are typically those of the Google Maps pin even it that is arbitrarily placed somewhere in the park rather than the entrance.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Reviewers can add the coordinates, and we appreciate it when they do. So to clarify that when I said an admin would add the location, it was because you had said that you had left the information blank. I was just saying that if a new park is submitted without the coordinates, an admin will add them.

When you tried to add the coordinates this time, did you try clicking on the Fetch Geodata button after you had entered the address for the park? That usually sets the pin in a fairly accurate location.

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I took Google's location of a CG one time, and ended up in a horse pasture with no way to back up - had to go about 1/4 mile into the pasture before I found a place I could turn around.

9. wxtoad

wxtoad
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, folks. I was finally able to submit a review with my coordinates. I put more trust in my coordinates when I am at the location than I do Google Maps or anyone else who has never been there.

10. wxtoad

wxtoad
    Expand Collapse

Hi, texasrvers,

I tried your suggestion of using the Contact RVPR link at the bottom of the page. This is what I got back - delivery failed:

"Hello, this is the mail server on s155.criticalimpactinc.com.

I am sending you this message to inform you on the delivery status of a
    message you previously sent. Immediately below you will find a list of
    the affected recipients; also attached is a Delivery Status Notification
    (DSN) report in standard format, as well as the headers of the original
    message.

<support@campgroundreviews.com> delivery failed; will not continue trying"

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wow, I've never seen that before. I'll check into it.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I found out that our "Contact RVPR" feature was having some technical difficulty today. It should be fixed, so if you wouldn't mind please try to send a test message now to see if it is working correctly.