Taking a negative and turning it into a positive

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mdcamping, Apr 17, 2016.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We just recently returned from a local camping trip. This is a campground that we routinely book with which we are very familiar with and that has always had a good reputation of having respectful campers and enforced campground policies. Well with every well run campground there will always be situations where someone for whatever reason will try to take advantage of the rules. It was this situation that has me writing this post. It started with me trying to get some sleep shortly after the 11pm quiet time and having to listen to a boom box and loud partying a couple of sites away. Well I gave them 1 hour to quiet down (which is probably more than I should have) but at midnight I finally decided to call the owner of the campground. He picked up the phone where I politely explained what was happening and where the noise was coming from. He said he would take care of it. Within 5 minutes of getting off the phone the noise abruptly stopped. So all & all I ended up losing an hour sleep. The next morning, I got a knock on the camper door. I opened the door and it was the owner of the campground where he proceeded to give me an apology of the incident and even more impressive he thanked me for calling him! In this conversation he told me the campers in question will not be invited back to his campground. In addition he gave me a free nights camping for next year and a choice to pick one of his premium sites.

It is this type of professional customer service response that should be the standard for every campground to follow and one of the reasons why we seek out campgrounds that follow their own campground policies.

My thanks to this campground and all campgrounds that enforce their own policies.

Mike

Cyclonic, dalsgal and HappiestCamper like this.
  2. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

What campground was it.. Maybe we can patronize them also...

mdcamping likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Nickerson Park Family Campground, Chaplin CT

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Our feelings on rules is that they are for everyone and should be enforced by the owners or management of the park or campground. There is a proper way to approach an offender and if that offender is one of the 1%'ers that feels the rules don't apply to them, then they need to be asked to pack up their RV and get the heck out of Dodge immediately. We were in a park a few years ago that actually handed out a rules sheet when we checked in and at the bottom it clearly stated that anyone not following them or who caused problems for other campers will be asked to leave the premises with no refund. This sheet was very well written and it didn't make a camper feel like they were in a prison either, it simply stated what was expected and what the consequences were if you didn't abide by them, etc. Rules & regulations are usually right on the actual park flyer/space map that is handed out when you check in, and we usually read thru them just to make sure there isn't one we haven't seen before. Just think, if all RV parks and campgrounds were like the one Mike posted about above we probably wouldn't even be discussing this topic. If we ever get back to the CT area we will for sure give this park our business.....................

BankShot (aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  5. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Have another one for you. Wolfies Campground Zanesville, OH. We were there Memorial Day weekend 2014. Didn't have to call the owner. This is not a party park. The owners enforce the rules. Quiet time, means it. Quiet. Next morning I went into the office and thanked the owner.

mdcamping likes this.